Rumor: Canes and Preds talking large deal around Saros and Necas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Yeah so much better watching a complete shit team rarely make the playoffs and when they do have a very low chance of winning the cup. God who the hell would rather watch their team be one of the best teams in the league year in year out, and win at least one playoff series every year. Dummies!
You do have the Canes part down pat

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
You do have the Canes part down pat
Well I mean doesn't the avatar give it away? I have been a fan of the Canes since 99. I have seen them in the finals twice, I have seen them won the cup, and I have been through the dark ages when before streaming sports I could only keep up with them by (yuk) reading the paper the next day because I am out of area and they hardly got national games back then.

So yeah I will watch them win 50 plus games a year, watch them be on the right side of the hand shake line at least once every post season, as opposed to seeing them go all in and suck for a decade.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Well I mean doesn't the avatar give it away? I have been a fan of the Canes since 99. I have seen them in the finals twice, I have seen them won the cup, and I have been through the dark ages when before streaming sports I could only keep up with them by (yuk) reading the paper the next day because I am out of area and they hardly got national games back then.

So yeah I will watch them win 50 plus games a year, watch them be on the right side of the hand shake line at least once every post season, as opposed to seeing them go all in and suck for a decade.
I picked them the last 2 years to represent the east in the finals, but I think they're turning into the Joe Thornton's San Jose Sharks

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Depends on what you think about the individual pieces.

Kotkaniemi - positive value player with room to still grow vs albatross contract begging to be bought out

Andersen - health issues

Necas and the capspace gained
Pretty much. One could argue...

Necas is a 50 pt overpaid winger or a budding 70 pt 1C.

Andersen is a top notch goalie with bad luck, or an injury prone playoff choker.

Kotkaniemi is a cap dump or a... OK I don't see the other side of this one

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I picked them the last 2 years to represent the east in the finals, but I think they're turning into the Joe Thornton's San Jose Sharks
And I will watch and root for that 100 out of 100 times over a team that goes all in for one year. The all in team.either wins it all one time or falls out early in the playoffs and sucks for awhile.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think we've proven it actually. We make mediocre goalies look good and better goaltending wouldn't have won us anything. At this point, the difference between what we have (Freddie, PK, Martin) and better tending ( e.g. Saros) is a matter of diminishing returns.

Our problem hasn't been keeping opponents off the scoreboard as much as it's not managing to break through against great goaltending.
Fair enough but sometimes you gotta go great goaltending against great goaltending and win 2-1.

"Make a f***ing save"- Bill Peters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad