Rumor: Canes and Preds talking large deal around Saros and Necas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Reactions: Daeavorn and DaveG

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Over the last 5 years they have the third most regular season wins.

Second most over the last 3 years.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Ask Leafs fans how much regular season wins matter.

They don't mean shit when you're used to it. You only want it because the Flyers don't have that right now. They will, soon, with Michkov in tow.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Ask Leafs fans how much regular season wins matter.

They don't mean shit when you're used to it. You only want it because the Flyers don't have that right now. They will, soon, with Michkov in tow.
Understand the sentiment, but I also understand sample sizes.

I'm a bit of an outlier in that I don't think playoffs determine the best team.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina also has the blocking problem that Nashville has.

Kochetkov from 12/12 (first game after the team meeting in Vancouver) through the end of the season:

30GS
.923 SV%
2.05 GAA
15.46 NST All Strengths GSAA (#3 in the sample)

Early 2nd round pedigree.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Regular season wins may not matter but it's sure as hell more fun watching your team for 82 games a year if they are winning.

Reactions: DaveG

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
What teams have won with a high priced goalie recently? Tampa and Florida if they win tonight?
A better question is how many teams playoff runs have been ruined by poor goaltending? Price, Vasilevsky, Bob, Oettinger. Look at the goalies in the finals the past 4 years, most are top tenders, even if they weren't high paid. Price / Vasi was the final a few years back, two highest paid goalies in the league.

As goalies get a larger share of the cap going forward, this myth that you don't need to spend on a goalie will die a deserved death,

And yes, you can win with a mid tier goalie if you have an incredible team and that goalie gets hot, But that isn't a winning strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad