GDT: Canadiens @ Flames | 9PM EDT | CITY, RDS | Halloween Special

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I have no idea if this weird rotation is something internal(players maybe sick so limiting minutes). Perhaps it's an attempt to keep our team fresh by giving other lines more ice time on some games but it may just very well be weird coaching.

The first 9 games of the season I think Max-Plek line played huge minutes that would've drained them. Instead of balancing it out they give Galch and DD line 13 minutes a piece. Then out of nowhere Flash and DD get 16-17 minutes.

Now Emelin getting more than Subban, why?

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
I swear to god, that coach is clueless. His only strategy is to put pressure on the puck carrier and hope to get out of the zone the quickest. If it doesn't work (which happens quite a lot recently), we get exposed like crazy.

Then when things go wrong and we lose (like yesterday), he blames it on the players for not following the gameplan.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I have no idea if this weird rotation is something internal(players maybe sick so limiting minutes). Perhaps it's an attempt to keep our team fresh by giving other lines more ice time on some games but it may just very well be weird coaching.

The first 9 games of the season I think Max-Plek line played huge minutes that would've drained them. Instead of balancing it out they give Galch and DD line 13 minutes a piece. Then out of nowhere Flash and DD get 16-17 minutes.

Favoritism...

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
I'll be patient with Chucky cuz I'm not the GM so I don't have any say but I'm starting to think what we see is what we'll get, period. Kinda sad.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

tumblr_mv9nvqgWDg1shr61qo1_500.gif

...sad, but true...:cry:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What's playing with more energy? Skating hard all over the place??..
This means nothing. Not to mention, not moving for a while colds your muscles off.

Yep, it's exactly that... skating hard all over the place. :shakehead

Someone wrote that Gaudreau, Monahan played hard every shift and that Galchenyuk needed to be more like them. I said, it's even more important and easier to do that with less minutes.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I swear to god, that coach is clueless. His only strategy is to put pressure on the puck carrier and hope to get out of the zone the quickest. If it doesn't work (which happens quite a lot recently), we get exposed like crazy.

Then when things go wrong and we lose (like yesterday), he blames it on the players for not following the gameplan.

Therrien's game plan involves a 40+ save performance from his goalie.

void

Jan 5, 2006

It's really strange. There must be something going on that we don't know... That or Therrien has lost his mind.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Keeping players fresh doesn't sound like MT...he truly plays who he feels will win him the game/trusts.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008

9-2... 9-2... try that 9-2...

MT get the bad, only some player get the earns...

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014

Because our coach had 0 understanding of how to use players. And I didn't need to see the first 10 games to figure that out. It's been the same for the past three years. It's ellers fault for not scoring more goals and assists while killing penalties and playing horrible quality ice time.

It's galchenyuk fault he hasn't scored 60 points I mean he is already 21 for crying out loud.

If not for our goalie and three extremely terrific d men.. Our team would be fighting for a wildcard spot

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Favoritism...

Terrible at X's and O's and matchups, with a ridiculous bias towards veterans, even by the average NHL coach's standards.

Remember that in the 2014 2nd round, this guy took 5 games to realise that Boullion and Murray were getting killed by Boston's bottom 6, and it was only then that he put Beaulieu in.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I'll be patient with Chucky cuz I'm not the GM so I don't have any say but I'm starting to think what we see is what we'll get, period. Kinda sad.

...again, give him time and actual skill wingers instead of our 3rd line centre (mind you, a great #3C) and a jumble of aging former stars and grinders...why not try him between Patches & Gally??...it worked last year when he was given the chance...wait, nevermind, I know why:

tumblr_mv9nvqgWDg1shr61qo1_500.gif

...right...:cry:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Paul Byron = 5:14
Max Pacioretty = 5:11
Alex Galchenyuk = 4:53

Totally normal....this is how we win.
#TherrienAwakens

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
And it's not even about the record

If you look at the wins.. The top two lines really were the top two lines.. And third and fourth lines were there supporting

He ha smashed to flip all the around even after players said they're happy to finally not play musical chairs on lines. Now we have Byron playing with chucks and Flynn

Unrea

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Favoritism...

It's really strange. There must be something going on that we don't know... That or Therrien has lost his mind.

Keeping players fresh doesn't sound like MT...he truly plays who he feels will win him the game/trusts.

I'm not sure it's anything weird like favoritism because his 'favorites' are getting low minutes. It's just weird how he spikes **** up out of nowhere. Why not give Chucky and DD 14-15 a game instead of 12-13 then boom, 18. What the ****.:laugh:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

He gets a point today he'll be on pace for 60 points without playing with any linemates that will come near that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad