GDT: Canadiens @ Flames | 9PM EDT | CITY, RDS | Halloween Special

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Chucky is 4 years in, Patch was showing more by now. The center position is more vital than wing and chucky is not playing like a potential number one but rather a decent third line center.

That's what happens when you spend 3 years on the wing learning the defensive game and having it engrained into you. They turned an offensive player into a two way player that likes to dangle.

Good job Montreal Canadiens management.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's not like Eller and Semin did a whole lot more to begin with.

AT least they were spending time in the offensive zone. They did not produce but they did something.

Right now this line with Flynn is not doing anything at all. They are not even good defensively which was the point of putting Flynn there.

Nynja*

I don't know what Therrien expects the Galchenyuk line to do when he puts Flynn on it. They should be an offensive line yet he puts a player who no offensive upside at all on the line.

I know what I expect:
"We gave Galchenyuk all the tools to be a center, and he couldnt cut it"

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
I'm so damn tired of Therrien and his freaking decisions. Every year, no matter what, Eller gets sent to the doghouse. What did he do to get benched in the first period???? Yet Desharnais keeps on doing ****** turnover, get easy secondary assists and life goes on.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I find it funny that everyone was excited after the 7-2 win vs Buffalo, while I stated lets see this team after a Western trip.

Ya I was right, they are completely different now.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It's not like Eller and Semin did a whole lot more to begin with.

...wha???...they did faaaar more, like actually creating offensive chances, even if they didn't hit the scoreboard...your posts lately, while being ridiculously biased and downright wrong, have at least been humorous...keep up the good work...:laugh:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Condon has been by far the most impressive player for the Habs tonight

Hardly. He got lucky on the Raymond wraparound and made 1 tough save on Gaudreau but other than that he's just been competent.

As for the other players, it's not hard to be more impressive when they've all looked very passive for the most part except maybe Mitchell.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
You knew when we signed Semin that within a month Therrien would scratch him. Who really didn't see that coming? I know he hasn't been stellar, but nonetheless...

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
And that's why we'll always come off 2nd best in the playoffs. The championship teams of the past were staffed by the best players in the system. You performed or you were gone - something I wish would happen in this day and age.

Therrien saw Francis Boullion as our Bobby Orr so what do you expect? He sees DD as Yvon Cournoyer, his logic is not the greatest.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Some of the expectations for Galchenyuk are ridiculous. He was sheltered as much as DD last year, played similar ES and PP and even similar competition and OZS%. I think one shift per game less at ES, that was only difference and he did not have the worries of a C.

It takes time, even as a winger he was not dominant. People have to realize that as a center he is more of a dangler and has more freedom offensively but he hadn't even mastered the wing.

Whether or not he should've been a C earlier or not is irrelevant. He still has more to learn in all aspects of the game and the confident, work ethic and skill set is there. Patience.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Is Bergevin shopping Emelin or something? Why is he playing so much?

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
...wha???...they did faaaar more, like actually creating offensive chances, even if they didn't hit the scoreboard...your posts lately, while being ridiculously biased and downright wrong, have at least been humorous...keep up the good work...:laugh:

been thinking of calling for an amber alert in Alberta to find Eller actually

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Da system is working, can't you see. We are winning 1-0 and Condon is looking great :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad