Canadiens: Are you cheering for Edmonton?

Do you want the Oilers to win?

• Yes

Votes: 137 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 157 53.4%

• Total voters

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes I am, I think it will be good for hockey if the fans and the country that are the backbone of the sport get to actually enjoy it. It frankly means way more to CANADIAN people. The thought that I know it will resonate in a city. Make people's lives legitimately better. I try not to focus on the fans that post on message boards or Twitter as they are the vocal minority but boy it can be hard haha.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Hell No.

Nothing against the Oilers, I don’t care about them.

I just want drama. I want them to lose for the possible chaos that could happen. Edmonton winning would be the happy good ending. Who wants that?

If they don’t win, higher chance of Draisaitl not re-signing and leaving. Then McDavid could follow suit.

Then the trade packages for either of them would set the hockey world on fire. (Maybe MTL can get McDavid for one of Barron/Harris + Mesar + WPG 1st)

Or even funnier, one/both of them walking for free.

Can you imagine the drama ? I can.

View attachment 879362
Imagine thinking McDavid wants to go to the freaking Habs lmao. The drama is watching your team play games every year, isn’t that enough for you?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm Canadian. I'm cheering for Edmonton. So I voted yes.

But - it has nothing to do with it being a Canadian team. I'd like to see McDavid + Drai win a cup, especially with the sort of performance they're putting forth, and so I'm cheering for the players first.

I don't get the sentiment that "Canadians should cheer for a Canadian team". If anything - I'm usually the opposite as I'd prefer my team (Habs) be the one to break the streak of no cups. So it comes down more to the players, or team, and whether I like them or not, then the fact that it's a team from Canada.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Nope. Can’t stand them. Although I will say I never thought they had it in them to make it this far but they have proven me wrong and I respect their battle level more now. They aren’t the softies I thought they were or they used to be.

• Love
Reactions: sanscosm and Coffey

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I don't really mind either way. Don't care about the Canada stuff but I'm probably 51/49 in favour of Edmonton because I want to see McDavid win.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I was a Panthers season seat holder while back, cuz it was cheap as hell. I have more connection to them than the Oilers (leaf fan living in the GTA)

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Any other canadian team I would've voted no. Don't want any Canadian team outside the Habs to win it but my want for McDavid to win it is bigger.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No. I'll cheer on team Canada at the Olympics or Worlds. That's kind of why we have a team Canada.

This "team canada" narrative is rather embarrassing and cringe for the entire country.
In your opinion, go Oilers.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
No in reality it's actually cringe. I don't see the United States rallying around Florida because they feel it's a United States versus Canada thing. It's not. It's a bunch of Canadians are about to play play another bunch of Canadians and at the end of the day there's going to be a cup party in Toronto as is the case every single year.

Canada best on best doesn't happen until it's the worlds or the Olympics. This ain't that.

For the record, it's stupid cringe when United States crowds chant, USA, USA... So there's that as well

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Yes I am, I think it will be good for hockey if the fans and the country that are the backbone of the sport get to actually enjoy it. It frankly means way more to CANADIAN people. The thought that I know it will resonate in a city. Make people's lives legitimately better. I try not to focus on the fans that post on message boards or Twitter as they are the vocal minority but boy it can be hard haha.
Canadian people are a changing demographic. We will likely see a surge in cricket and a decline in the interest of hockey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No in reality it's actually cringe. I don't see the United States rallying around Florida because they feel it's a United States versus Canada thing. It's not. It's a bunch of Canadians are about to play play another bunch of Canadians and at the end of the day there's going to be a cup party in Toronto as is the case every single year.

Canada best on best doesn't happen until it's the worlds or the Olympics. This ain't that.

For the record, it's stupid cringe when United States crowds chant, USA, USA... So there's that as well

Canadian people are a changing demographic. We will likely see a surge in cricket and a decline in the interest of hockey
You need help, some serious insecurities. Wanna know why leaf fans get a bad name. Its posts like these.

There will be cup parties all over Canada but if you think because you are a leaf fan and there are good hockey players from Toronto and it gives you some sense of superiority have at it.

He's too invested in the hilarious argument these leaf fans have of Matthews over Mcdavid. He cant even recognize its a division rival who ended the leafs longest playoff run in 20 years last year, that is playing against another Canadian team who plays in the west. Sad and pathetic mind set.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Never seen anyone make such a stink about Canada’s team - the Edmonton Oilers. :naughty:

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
I’m more “meh” than anything. It’s good to have talent like McDavid and Draisaitl in the finals and excelling, regardless of where they play. Wouldn’t mind seeing them win. Might prefer to see Luongo hoist the Cup as a Panthers exec though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad