Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire 2024 1st (21OA) from the Kings for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA) and 2024 7th (198OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I find it hard to imagine a situation where we get a second pick in the top 10. Count me in as extremely surprised if we do.

I think we're picking at 5 and 21.

If we were going to get that pick at 21 to acquire another player, I think we might have already had that deal lined up and executed. Similar to how we got Dach.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I find it hard to imagine a situation where we get a second pick in the top 10. Count me in as extremely surprised if we do.

I think we're picking at 5 and 21.

If we were going to get that pick at 21 to acquire another player, I think we might have already had that deal lined up and executed. Similar to how we got Dach.
If Eiserman slides around 15-16, we may be able to trade up again.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
There's a thinkng in hockey that you need to give a young Dman 200 games before you know what you've got. These kids are still developing and sometimes the lightbulb clicks later for some.

Sidney Crosby raved about Barron's potential after we got him.
How are all of Hutson, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, Harris, Struble, Mailloux, Engstrom, Konyushkov, Barron, etc going to get 200 games when Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Kovacevic are in the system? More than a couple are going to be traded. Can’t keep them all.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Not too expensive to go up in the first round.

Sure it sucks to not have a pick in the 2nd round, but if they get the player they want it’s worth it.

Wonder whats the plan for Hughes, those trades are normally done during the draft. So there must be something brewing.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Love the trade and approach

Great chance that a player they have evaluated much higher falls to us at 21...

Or pick 21 might be used in another deal that gets us an asset they want.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Seems a tad pricey.

I suppose they really like someone who they realized wouldn't be available at 26.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Which is why you make the move on the draft floor after the selections up to that point have been made. It's worthless gamble.
It’s not worthless or pointless if the entire intention is to claw your way up to a draft pick in the teens by packaging that pick with other assets or an package in a trade for an external asset

Bottom line there’s no intention at draft at 21OA

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
21? Sounds like possible Greentree/Chernyshov/Solberg territory to me… or ammo to trade up further.

IMG_1943.gif

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
How are all of Hutson, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, Harris, Struble, Mailloux, Engstrom, Konyushkov, Barron, etc going to get 200 games when Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Kovacevic are in the system? More than a couple are going to be traded. Can’t keep them all.
I agree that something has to give and we can't keep them all. I still think it's way too premature to say that Barron won't amount to a quality dman however whether we trade him or not. We won't know this for a few years as not everyone figures it out at the same rate. Also we still aren't deep in the system at RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad