Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire 2024 1st (21OA) from the Kings for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA) and 2024 7th (198OA)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Love it!!!

There was a real drop off around the 24 area imo and this puts us in the conversation for a prospect who is at least a clear tier above what we would have drafted at 26. It also allows us to creep closer to the top 15 and I could see them flipping this pick as well.

And....we are ahead of the Leafs! Hopefully we steal ther Michael Knies or Easton Cowan level pick that they are smugly hiding in their back pocket. :naughty:

Last edited:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Ok then the Habs ought to trade all their 2nds going forward. There's a reason teams generally don't like trading 2nds unless they're in a win now mode. Because those 2nds can turn into complete steals. Plus they're the ones that bolster your pipeline. Look at teams that end up trading their 2nds. All of those teams have absolute garbage pipelines

Look at 2022. Habs got Beck and Hutson with 2nds, one at the beginning and one near the end of the round
Way to exaggerate and come up with a bullshit scenario. Sometimes it pays to trade them, and sometimes it doesn't. We have picked a lot of players in the past few years with second-round picks, and now they're likely targeting quality over quantity.

Not to say you can't get quality in the late second round; as you said we did get Hutson there, and he's incredible. They most likely targeted a player and they feel strongly they can get him at #21. Plus, all those teams you're talking about haven't acquired as many picks as we have in the past few years.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Let's see what happens.

I was just saying I don't like picking at 57 because I felt the prospects there were 3rd round value, and was hoping we would move up to 40ish.
But trading out of the 2nd entirely was not what I was expecting.

EIther there's another trade coming or they have good intel someone like Chernyshov or Greentree makes it to 21. Definitely not targeting any defensemen.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I wouldn't be surprised if they target Boisvert. Hughes loves his NCAA guys. And being a Quebecer is a nice bonus. He also checks a lot of boxes in term of needs. A forward with size, character and offensive abilities. What's to hate?

I don't think Boisvert will be available at #26.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Could be trying a move for Cole Eiserman, Newburyport, MA born. Hughe loves Massachusetts

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
GPmFc-qWkAAJLhd.jpg

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
They’ve identified a player they love that might not be there between 22-26, clearly.

It’ll be interesting to see if they try to move up again if another team trades for a pick ahead of them.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if they target Boisvert. Hughes loves his NCAA guys. And being a Quebecer is a nice bonus. He also checks a lot of boxes in term of needs. A forward with size, character and offensive abilities. What's to hate?

I don't think Boisvert will be available at #26.
Eiserman without a doubt, dinner multiple times, Gorton is good friends with his old man..

Now can Habs find a way to move up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad