Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire 2024 1st (21OA) from the Kings for 2024 1st (26OA), 2024 2nd (57OA) and 2024 7th (198OA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
At this spot really does not make much sense to me ( as opposed to waiting until tonight to see if the player (s) available). So wondering if this isnt Move 1 of a multiple move, like the Romanov for ultimately Dach deal. Or maybe sets us up for something reachable, as in if Player A is available at 15 then 21stOA plus X gets us 15thOA.

Mr Bop

Jul 14, 2011
Earth
Going for Demidov and Surin? That'd be a dream for me.

The only thing I don't like about this is now we have no second rounder, so we have to wait a full round before any action tomorrow lol

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I really think this new "trading up before draft starts" is really smart. GM always say how hard it is to get a deal done on draft floor, because teams see players they like and just decide to stay put.

Doing it ahead of the draft is smart, love this move!

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
What are you talking about? A late second-round pick has barely any chance at being fruitful.

Ok then the Habs ought to trade all their 2nds going forward. There's a reason teams generally don't like trading 2nds unless they're in a win now mode. Because those 2nds can turn into complete steals. Plus they're the ones that bolster your pipeline. Look at teams that end up trading their 2nds. All of those teams have absolute garbage pipelines

Look at 2022. Habs got Beck and Hutson with 2nds, one at the beginning and one near the end of the round

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
to grab Lane Hutson's brother probably

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad