GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Lol I watched about 4 minutes and our guys dive just as much as the Mexicans. Soccer has a culture problem of diving. Ehlers would fit in well.

Was thinking the same thing. Really trying hard to get into it but it’s just one dive after the other.

Reactions: TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Canada gave up a shit ton of chances in the last 5 minutes. Must be Herdmans fault right? Bad coach.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Anddddd we have a Canadian player faking injury. Sorry guys I’m out. Soccer f***ing sucks. I tried, I really tried.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lol I watched about 4 minutes and our guys dive just as much as the Mexicans. Soccer has a culture problem of diving. Ehlers would fit in well.

Oh I know, I was being facetious but it was pretty good of him to keep his balance and stay up in that particular instance. There is laundry all over the field lol.

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Can I just say once again, f*** you to the Torontonians (and others) who were being snobs about BMO Field being the home of Canadian soccer? Commonwealth has really showed up these past couple matches.

Based on the way it sounded on TV, the atmosphere at Commonwealth was far superior.

It's kind of jarring to see Canada leading the table of the final stage of WC qualifying 8 matches in but they deserve it and actually have talent that can match these top Concacaf nation's now. Nothing flukey about this, it's not like some Cinderella story, they're legit.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Based on the way it sounded on TV, the atmosphere at Commonwealth was far superior.

It's kind of jarring to see Canada leading the table of the final stage of WC qualifying 8 matches in but they deserve it and actually have talent that can match these top Concacaf nation's now. Nothing flukey about this, it's not like some Cinderella story, they're legit.

Yup. The way I see it, Canada is to soccer what Germany is becoming to hockey. A newly-emerging force despite the immense popularity of another sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad