Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I wonder how Herdman deals with this. Will he move to a front three of Davies/David/Tajon and have Larin coming off the bench. Or start Larin cold. It will be interesting.

I remember the days of wondering if our front 2 would be Ali Gerba and Garrett Kusch. So i won't fret.
Buchanan-David-Davies should be Canada's front line regardless of Larin's form.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
I don't get it. It feels like Canada Soccer is trying to kill any path to excitement.

Who wins from hiding this information?

Yeah it's really odd. I was curious to see who would make the long list, for example any youth players, players in Europe, or CPL players on CMNT radar

Especially since our final world cup squad is probably going to be pretty predictable

Reactions: Tuggy and al secord

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Or maybe they are building up for a big secret reveal of duel international joining us!

200-4.gif

Reactions: al secord

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Eustaquio might have just killed Porto's title chances tonight, two braindead rough challenges in the opposing half in 3 minutes, both of them deserving of an orange card, so his night ended on the 28th minute. Porto did put up a fight but ended up losing 0-1 home to Benfica who are now 6 points ahead.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Sounds like our preliminary squad will not be made public....Seems like a strange decision from Canada Soccer.

Maybe.... just maybe because there's a big surprise ? cough* Arfield cough* :naughty:

Is that Herdman's call? I've refused to second guess him since 2019 lol.

I'm 120% sure it is. Herdman is known to delay the publication of his squads damn near a day or two after everyone made public theirs.

Reactions: al secord

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The fact that NY looks like Man city fc makes it a lot easier to cheer for Montreal and our Canadian boys.

Hopefully they advance with no injuries.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Looked like a great weekend of soccer. One of the biggest things I miss about no longer living in Calgary is being able to go to Spruce Meadows to catch a game. Still a league with minimal exposure and great bang for your buck in terms of entertainment value.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looked like a great weekend of soccer. One of the biggest things I miss about no longer living in Calgary is being able to go to Spruce Meadows to catch a game. Still a league with minimal exposure and great bang for your buck in terms of entertainment value.
Great bang for buck is so true. I think I pay 250ish for my Forge season ticket. Incredible value!

Reactions: maclean

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I was in Hamilton a few months ago and caught a Canadian Championship game I think they played Outremont or Mont Royal, although the stadium was empty and a football one, it was such a nice sight, you could park your car and watch the game peacefully.

Now that I know they will play the finals against Ottawa, in Ottawa I gotta go see it next Sunday. Will be my 1st cpl game.

And back in MLS now that TFC will probably the only serious Canadian team for '23, if they can get a guy or two from CPL, develop them, would be great

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Now that I know they will play the finals against Ottawa, in Ottawa I gotta go see it next Sunday. Will be my 1st cpl game.
it should be an awesome game. The two teams have played each other well all year. Forge is bringing a big away section which should add to the atmosphere. My guess is the crowd will be pushing 12 to 15 thousand.

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looks like we have the new CPL team. Awesome that the Vancouver area gets a second pro team and that B.C in general gets some more representation. Now we need to see another Quebec team!

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad