Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
It makes me extra happy that the CPL was created. Gives these U-sports athletes a chance to get pro exposure an build up that way
Absolutely!

I hadn't really paid much attention to the CPL before this year but I've been to probably half a dozen or so Atletico Ottawa games this year. Great atmosphere and the football is actually pretty good especially considering how old the league is

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Men’s national team waiting for Canada Soccer’s response to offer, sources say - TSN.ca

The men’s national soccer team, which doesn’t have a contract agreement just two months before the World Cup begins in Qatar, is waiting for Canada Soccer to respond to an offer made nearly a month ago, two sources familiar with the matter told TSN.

Representatives for the players proposed on Aug. 25 that the men’s and women’s national teams share equally in an 80 per cent stake of the $10 million (U.S.) prize money Canada Soccer is to receive for the men’s team qualifying for this year’s World Cup, the sources said.

It really sucks this is still hanging over the team...

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Even third world countries pay their national soccer r team players but Canada thinks 100 a game is still the notm

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Have a question about watching the upcoming CMNT friendlies. Will Fubo TV be streaming those games? I don't see it in the upcoming programing. Or do I have sign up for One Soccer (again...)?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Oso not traveling with the team and will stay in Toronto to focus on his recovery. Hoping so bad that he is healthy for the World Cup.
Hopefully he gets the treatment he needs to be 100% by November. I agree with JDG that he could fit really well beside Eustaquio in a 4 4 2 or 3 4 3. Especially with the uncertainty surrounding Hutchinson, and Kone being so green.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hopefully he gets the treatment he needs to be 100% by November. I agree with JDG that he could fit really well beside Eustaquio in a 4 4 2 or 3 4 3. Especially with the uncertainty surrounding Hutchinson, and Kone being so green.
He's also a great player against the press and as a sub later in games.

His impact during the qualifying process is often understated. Had some massive, massive moments for this team.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
He's also a great player against the press and as a sub later in games.

His impact during the qualifying process is often understated. Had some massive, massive moments for this team.
I believe he would thrive on the big stage. Drag the boys by the scruff of the neck. He's fearless. He turned me into a believer.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Outside of Buchanan missing, this is pretty much what I expect to see for the first WC match.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Outside of Buchanan missing, this is pretty much what I expect to see for the first WC match.

Let's go!!Is it a 4-4-2?

I doubt Piette is starting to come to the WC, he is likely an off-the-bench presence.

Looks like we will be playing a 4-4-2 that could shift into a 3-5-2 if needed
k - that's what i was thinking.

I watched Belgium and Croatia yesterday. Both were in good form..

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hopefully not. The thought of Piette playing in the WC scares me :laugh:
If we are up with 10 minutes left, sure, he can come on for someone more attack-minded to see out the game. Other than that, not much use in him at this point.

That being said I get why he will be there. A major leader in the camp and the team relly rallies around his personality.

Reactions: al secord and Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad