Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I just hope Cavalini and Piette are left off. And although Henry may be called up by default leave him as far on the field please, just when we face physicality. Seeing JMR make the trip wouldn't hurt.
Cavalini is replaceable but Herdman is loyal.. Piette has been in the mix for nearly every team although i don't really know what he can bring at this level.. Liam Fraser is probably a better bet at this point... 26 player roster though will make it easier to fit everyone in..

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would be surprised if Piette is left at home come Qatar. As @PanniniClaus said he has been a staple for this program over the past couple of years. I get the sense he is well-liked amongst the players and staff, and is an excellent example for some of the younger players.

I

Reactions: PanniniClaus

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Cavalini is replaceable but Herdman is loyal.. Piette has been in the mix for nearly every team although i don't really know what he can bring at this level.. Liam Fraser is probably a better bet at this point... 26 player roster though will make it easier to fit everyone in..

Absolutely. Was just wishful thinking on my end.

Both are nonfactor though who won't be around in 2026, they will make nothing more than cameos. Fraser is miles better for sure, he just made a not-so-good decision for his short term career by going to Belgium Div.2

I wish Herdman drops the whole symbolic gestures and do what's best for the NT but we never know. Change of heart, injuries can change the whole narrative

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It was rumored before, but now official

Japan is a good friendly and warmup.

Ultimately I would have liked for them to have gotten a European friendly...oh well.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Japan is a footballing nation I have admired for some time now. Looking forward to that one, should be a good prep game!

Reactions: Tuggy

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Is it safe to assume all three pre-WC games will only be on OneSoccer? I haven't seen any broadcast info. Thx

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Another wild weekend in the CPL. Forge edge out Calgary in a close game with multiple red cards. With a win in their game in hand, they take top place in the league.

Atleti and PFC play out a draw today. Pacific has a game in hand on Valour who is sitting in 4th.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That's my understanding.

Maybe Sportsnet or TSN picks them up, but haven't heard anything as of right now.

It makes sense for tsn to pick them up since they have the world cup rights, I believe?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
One thing that sort of worries me is the possible fitness level in 6 weeks. Our NT consists of 4 important Toronto FC players, their last game is on October 9.

Montreal has at least 4 players, possibly 5 and they probably will play One, maybe two, extra games starting Oct. 15. If they get canned the 1st round, that will leave 8 players inactive for more than a month which is a lot until a friendly the 17th.

Are there any plans to add nonFifa date international games? I say we should add 2 dates and select nothing but those 8 Mtl + TFC players (and more like Pantemis, ZBG, Nelson) along with other inactive players with their team with maybe some CPL local players to come play just to maintain some fitness.

By comparison Premier League teams play until November 12

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad