Cam Talbot - Mod warning #251

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
4th shut out for CAMBOT in a 1-0 game no less. This should keep the haters at bay till' Thursday.

He got a shutout on only 21 saves and very few tough opportunities. Calgary didn't really shoot from the blue line much, surprisingly, which is his glaring weakness since he began starting.

Its a nice win and a shutout is a shutout but it does nothing to allay my concerns about him. He's still performed incredibly poorly and been fortunate that the Rangers have been a scoring tear.

nyhockeyfan

Apr 9, 2014
He got a shutout on only 21 saves and very few tough opportunities. Calgary didn't really shoot from the blue line much, surprisingly, which is his glaring weakness since he began starting.

Its a nice win and a shutout is a shutout but it does nothing to allay my concerns about him. He's still performed incredibly poorly and been fortunate that the Rangers have been a scoring tear.

I still don't understand how one can fairly compare a guy who barely ever gets to play with someone who has played 55 games this season. How are the backup goalies ever going to develop when they don't get an opportunity to play?

I remember all the discussions about backup goalies last year during the playoffs when Price was out and Duuuusssssttttin came in. I never understood why the goalies couldn't take turns more often so they were more prepared, but the replies were that goaltending was a cumulative skill building set and the goalies needed to play as much as possible to be on their game. So given that Talbot never gets to play at all, good for him for doing as well as he has.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I don't get why it's so difficult for people who are "anti-Cam" (i.e. people that have the audacity to believe Cam is one of the best goaltenders in the league but perhaps not ready for a starting gig) to admit he had a great game last night. He had a shutout. I don't care how good the defense played and/or how limited the scoring opportunities were, if you had a shutout as a goaltender you had a great game.

On the same note, I just really really wish people would stop using irrelevant red-herring stats with a TON of confounding variables to even jokingly suggest that Talbot is better than Hank.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
As of today: Cam's AdSv% (inc. playoffs) is .930 and Henrik's is .926.
Since last season Cam is 4th in the league in AdSv% among goalies facing 1000+ shots.. very impressive.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
There aren't really haters of Talbot. But the following has pissed people off and made it seem that way:

1.) He hasn't been very good in this run of games but has won regardless.

2.) Pejorative Slured trade Hank arguments about saving cap space while representing zero knowledge and understanding of math and logic.

He was excellent last night, I hope it continues.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
There aren't really haters of Talbot. But the following has pissed people off and made it seem that way:

2.) Pejorative Slured trade Hank arguments about saving cap space while representing zero knowledge and understanding of math and logic.

Agreed, 100%. Cam has been OK. Nothing more, nothing less.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York

There's almost no chance that Lundqvist gets traded. At this point Talbot playing well helps us and also builds a case for himself to get some big money in FA next year as a starter. My whole controversy was because I disapproved of Sather re-signing Lundqvist. Can't change that now though.

And yes he was excellent and hope it continues as well.

Last edited:

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
http://rangersunlimited.com/players/goaltender/cam-talbot/

The draft is the time to deal him. 1 season left on his contract. He's earned at least a chance to start on some team.

if Schneider went for a second, what could cam get, a 5th?

If moving him at the next year deadline:

Also, at what point next season would you start phasing him out. If we have a chance at another great run next year do we roll with Cam only till the deadline? Or does halverson come in next season and split with cam so he can be ready, or do we trade for veteran goalie to finish out that year and start the next season with the kid?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
if Schneider went for a second, what could cam get, a 5th?

If moving him at the next year deadline:

Also, at what point next season would you start phasing him out. If we have a chance at another great run next year do we roll with Cam only till the deadline? Or does halverson come in next season and split with cam so he can be ready, or do we trade for veteran goalie to finish out that year and start the next season with the kid?

Schneider got a top 10 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad