Value of: Cam fowler to edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not denying that what so ever it did happen. But what would you trade Fowler for from Edmonton.

A high endish, top six left winger signed to a reasonable contract. Does Edmonton have that? If the answer is no, don't expect a positive response. Anaheim has to be money conscious, and they need a good forward...so unless you have one of those available (no, not Pouliot or Yakupov), there really isn't any point right now. Maybe Fowler will get traded for something else, but that would indicate everything else failed for Anaheim, and fans can't reasonably predict that.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Okay, lets see... Well, we need forwards.

McDavid? Not available.
Lucic? Don't want.
Yakupov? Don't want.
RNH? Want, but can't afford.
Eberle? Don't want.
Puljujärvi? Not available.
Draisaitl? Not available.
The rest? Don't want.

duul

Jun 21, 2010

McDavid? Not available.
Lucic? Don't want.
Yakupov? Don't want.
Eberle? Don't want.
The rest? Don't want.

We got this LW. Huge body, one of the best cycle players in the NHL, and put up a PPG with us last year. You guys would probably have a use for him. I propose him and a 2nd rounder for Fowler and a cap dump.

Aug 10, 2015
I think Fowler is a great defenseman, but I don't see him as a great fit for Edmonton, and don't see anything that would make sense for either side to make this work.

- LD that Edmonton isn't shopping for
- Anaheim wants a forward in exchange that Edmonton either doesn't have or doesn't want to give up
- division rivals not wanting to help each other
- Anaheim needs cap relief to help them to sign their remaining free agents (Lindholm/Rakell).

Bottom line? Nothing to see here, move on.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think Fowler is a great defenseman, but I don't see him as a great fit for Edmonton, and don't see anything that would make sense for either side to make this work.

- LD that Edmonton isn't shopping for
- Anaheim wants a forward in exchange that Edmonton either doesn't have or doesn't want to give up
- division rivals not wanting to help each other
- Anaheim needs cap relief to help them to sign their remaining free agents (Lindholm/Rakell).

Bottom line? Nothing to see here, move on.

Nailed it, no trade to be found here.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
We got this LW. Huge body, one of the best cycle players in the NHL, and put up a PPG with us last year. You guys would probably have a use for him. I propose him and a 2nd rounder for Fowler and a cap dump.

16 game sample size to use for that PPG stat you cherrypicked eh? Sounds better than .42 lol. Love the Big Dog, but we're not taking him back at that cost lol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

McDavid? Not available.
Lucic? Don't want.
Yakupov? Don't want.
Eberle? Don't want.
The rest? Don't want.

How is Fowler on the PP? Does he have a decent point shot? I doubt that we're targeting him or that we'd have/be willing to give up what you'd want in return for him, but just for the sake of discussion.

From past viewings of his including his time in Windsor I always got a Bouwmeester type of a vibe from him, high end skater, good size, limited offensive ability beyond being a good passer, good transition defense ability, not overly physical and lacking a howitzer of a shot. Does this description still fit him in your opinion?

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Using the Chiarelli formula...

Seguin=Eriksson
Hall=Larsson
Y=Fowler

Y=Mcdavid+2nd

You better hope you don't trade for fowler Edmonton :sarcasm:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not interested from Oilers' perspective. Anaheim's going to want too much trading him within the division and Fowler is a LHD, which they have many of.

I'm calling it now though...he gets traded to New Jersey.

Fowler and something for Cammalleri and something.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

McDavid? Not available.
Lucic? Don't want.
Yakupov? Don't want.
Eberle? Don't want.
The rest? Don't want.

You dont want RNH. Might as well keep Fowler.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
No deal to be made. Drai would obviously be of interest, but no way Oilers do it.

The only guy left that would work from Anaheim's perspective is RNH, but we'd have to include Stoner for salary reasons so no go from Edmonton.

No deal to be made.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Not interested from Oilers' perspective. Anaheim's going to want too much trading him within the division and Fowler is a LHD, which they have many of.

I'm calling it now though...he gets traded to New Jersey.

Fowler and something for Cammalleri and something.

No interest in Cammalleri and his $5M/yr contract for another 3 years. Even if the salaries balance out, NJD needs a pretty big + here to interest Anaheim in a 34 yr old forward.

I'll counter with Fowler for Henrique. :naughty:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just for giggles and the sake of discussion:

To Edmonton: Cam Fowler and Clayton Stoner ($7.25 million AAV)
To Anaheim: Benoit Pouliot and Oilers '17 1st round pick ($4 million AAV)

Anaheim rids themselves of Stoner and gains $3.25 million AAV after the trade as well as potentially a top 5-10 pick if the Oilers once again don't take a step forward as a team. Pouliot is an adequate top 6 LW with size and good speed as well.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How is Fowler on the PP? Does he have a decent point shot? I doubt that we're targeting him or that we'd have/be willing to give up what you'd want in return for him, but just for the sake of discussion.

From past viewings of his including his time in Windsor I always got a Bouwmeester type of a vibe from him, high end skater, good size, limited offensive ability beyond being a good passer, good transition defense ability, not overly physical and lacking a howitzer of a shot. Does this description still fit him in your opinion?

It's still hard to tell just exactly how good Fowler can be offensively. Due to the role he has been thrust into - eating top minutes agaisnt top players alongside sub-par partners, he rarely asserts himself into the offense. The Boumeester comparison isn't far off, though I would say Fowler is a better puck mover and not as strong defensively as JayBo was in his prime.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No interest in Cammalleri and his $5M/yr contract for another 3 years. Even if the salaries balance out, NJD needs a pretty big + here to interest Anaheim in a 34 yr old forward.

I'll counter with Fowler for Henrique. :naughty:

IIRC Anaheim's looking for a LW and Cammy's still a pretty decent one. Nearly a PPG last season in NJ, albeit in 40 games. I think that probably costs you $5m on the open market anywhere. And I'm not really negotiating here, I'm saying that's what I think will happen.

How about instead you realize we cant take on another defender we have to protect via the expansion draft.

Keep him .

This is something HF can't fathom. Apparently we're just going to give up on Reinhart or Davidson because we need to add 4 or 5 PP goals to our non-playoff team this year.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
IIRC Anaheim's looking for a LW and Cammy's still a pretty decent one. Nearly a PPG last season in NJ, albeit in 40 games. I think that probably costs you $5m on the open market anywhere. And I'm not really negotiating here, I'm saying that's what I think will happen.

hes a whole decade older than fowler lmao

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

IMO 40 games a year (less than half) is not worth 5M. Especially when there's no reasonable expectation that he's going to get healthier as he ages. 2008 was the last year he played 80+ games (or even 70+ games)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You dont want RNH. Might as well keep Fowler.

Read . He never said that . He said they can't afford him . The ducks have a need for a young top 6 LW at a reasonable cap hit . Remember they have 2 RFA that they need to resign and that would be the only reason they move Fowler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad