Value of: Cam fowler to edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
How about instead you realize we cant take on another defender we have to protect via the expansion draft.

Keep him .

If Fowler isnt moved
does anaheim go the 4+4 route (Rackell/Silfverberg gone)
or standard 7+3 (Fowler/Vatanen gone)

the longer anaheim waits, the less impressive the return is gonna be.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Let ANA figure out their cap problems themselves. Rather see them suffer than help them.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Read . He never said that . He said they can't afford him . The ducks have a need for a young top 6 LW at a reasonable cap hit . Remember they have 2 RFA that they need to resign and that would be the only reason they move Fowler

Yeah I meant that RNH isnt worth trading for especially if Edmonton is asking a lot in return.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
So? Are you trying to win a Stanley Cup now or five years from now?

Both, like any well-run organization. There's a bit of an emphasis on the now, but not a reckless one that would be required to even entertain the idea of a deal around Fowler an Cammalleri.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
If Fowler isnt moved
does anaheim go the 4+4 route (Rackell/Silfverberg gone)
or standard 7+3 (Fowler/Vatanen gone)

the longer anaheim waits, the less impressive the return is gonna be.

If you're operating under the assumption that Bieksa is going to be eating up a protection slot, it's not going to happen.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Both, like any well-run organization. There's a bit of an emphasis on the now, but not a reckless one that would be required to even entertain the idea of a deal around Fowler an Cammalleri.

Fair enough, but I fail to see teams lining up with high producing wingers at reasonable cap-hits as a return for Cam Fowler. And looking at contract status, Fowler is only under team control for another two seasons, which Cammalleri will still likely be producing during.

I'm not saying it's a perfect one-for-one, but I could see it as the basis of a good deal for both teams.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I'm calling it now though...he gets traded to New Jersey.

Fowler and something for Cammalleri and something.

So Fowler is traded for a 34 year old who is on the smaller side and has missed a lot of games over the years because of injury and makes 1 million more a year then Fowler does what a great deal for the Ducks :sarcasm: how anyone can think we will do something like that is beyond me.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Just for giggles and the sake of discussion:

To Edmonton: Cam Fowler and Clayton Stoner ($7.25 million AAV)
To Anaheim: Benoit Pouliot and Oilers '17 1st round pick ($4 million AAV)

Anaheim rids themselves of Stoner and gains $3.25 million AAV after the trade as well as potentially a top 5-10 pick if the Oilers once again don't take a step forward as a team. Pouliot is an adequate top 6 LW with size and good speed as well.

puoliot will never be a main piece in any trade with Ducks that involves Fowler or Lindholm or Vatanen. 1st rounder is fine and all, but pouliot is not something that helps Ducks win.

If you're operating under the assumption that Bieksa is going to be eating up a protection slot, it's not going to happen.
he operates under assumptions that could seem beneficial to leafs.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Let's base this off of real value, not value based off of the Hall for Larsson trade. XD

????

Games are won by scoring 1 more GF than GA.

To have any shot at a wild card playoff spot forwards have to score .31 EVGF/60 more than defences EVGA.

Last 2 years:
Adam Larson
Toughest comp/zs
top 10 HSCA Defence. (reducing the shots that get 75% of goals)
#1 EVGA D.1.58
#12 PKGA D

You need 1.89 EVGF/60 forwards to have a chance a Wild card position while Larsson is on the ice.
284 forwards can do that.
A line of King - Mclement - Dorsett can outscore that.
5.5M

Fowler:
Bottom Level HSCA D
#190 EVGA 2.54
#5 PKGA D

Forwards have to score 2.85 EVGF/60 to have a chance a Wild card position while Fowler is on the ice.

40 forwards can score 2.85 EVGF/60
A line of Neal - Brassard - Gallagher can score that.
13.75M + Fowler (4M) + D partner.
17.75m +

that is alot of cap to have chance at breaking even.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Chia had a list of dmen that he wanted and I am sure Fowler was not on that list that he would of paid Hall for.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
puoliot will never be a main piece in any trade with Ducks that involves Fowler or Lindholm or Vatanen. 1st rounder is fine and all, but pouliot is not something that helps Ducks win.

he operates under assumptions that could seem beneficial to leafs.

I personally think that the pick and the cap space are the main benefits to the trade. That said Pouliot is a useful player and would fit well with Getzlaf or Kesler IMO.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
No interest in Cammalleri and his $5M/yr contract for another 3 years. Even if the salaries balance out, NJD needs a pretty big + here to interest Anaheim in a 34 yr old forward.

I'll counter with Fowler for Henrique. :naughty:

How about Cammalleri @ $2.5 or 3M per yr for Fowler?

Saves $1-1.5M in salary and you get your #1 LW

Gets Jersey their O dman

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What about his scoring says otherwise? He hasn't beaten 45 points since 10-11. His point production continues to drop each year. He can't stay healthy either. He's not a #1 LW.

He would've been your highest scoring left-winger last season and sixth highest forward despite playing nearly 40 fewer games than most of them. The injury issue is a concern considering I personally don't know his whole story the past few seasons, but his offensive production and average ice-time points to him still being a top-line winger.

Oct 18, 2011
Why the **** would the ducks trade their 2nd best defenseman for a 34 year old with a high cap hit? Do you guys read your posts before hitting submit?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He would've been your highest scoring left-winger last season and sixth highest forward despite playing nearly 40 fewer games than most of them. The injury issue is a concern considering I personally don't know his whole story the past few seasons, but his offensive production and average ice-time points to him still being a top-line winger.

We had two NHL caliber scoring wingers in Cogs and Hageling/Perron. Cogs and Hagelin aren't exactly scoring machines anyways; so all that shows is the Ducks were weak on LWers, but that doesn't make Cammalleri a #1LW.

Look at the 2012-2014 seasons, where he played 60+ games, he still only scored 32 and 45 points respectively. He has continued to reduce in points and it's safe to say he'll continue to do that, and will most likely get injured and miss a huge chunk of time again.

When you take all of that into account, Cammalleri just isn't what a #1LW in the game looks like.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Why the **** would the ducks trade their 2nd best defenseman for a 34 year old with a high cap hit? Do you guys read your posts before hitting submit?

Well because you guys have 2 other players you ******* WANT to sign before keeping Fowler. And I have always said to retain 50% of Cammalleri's salary
Do you read the posts before hitting submit

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Did you read my posts?

I didn't say it'd be a one-for-one but that it would be a good base for a swap. Anaheim needs a LW and also needs to sign their best defenseman before the season starts.

We had two NHL caliber scoring wingers in Cogs and Hageling/Perron. Cogs and Hagelin aren't exactly scoring machines anyways; so all that shows is the Ducks were weak on LWers, but that doesn't make Cammalleri a #1LW.

Look at the 2012-2014 seasons, where he played 60+ games, he still only scored 32 and 45 points respectively.
He has continued to reduce in points and it's safe to say he'll continue to do that, and will most likely get injured and miss a huge chunk of time again.

When you take all of that into account, Cammalleri just isn't what a #1LW in the game looks like.

It was actually 42 and 45, his 32 point campaign was in the shortened season, which once again translates into a high PPG average. And in those 42 and 45 point seasons he also managed 26 and 27 goals, which could be argued to be top line production.

Regardless, if you think you're getting a bona fide top line winger that your team can afford for Cam Fowler--especially in your team's current predicament--you're dreaming. If Anaheim's going to effectively fill that void at LW and get Lindholm signed long-term, something's eventually going to have to give. That is why I believe a deal like this could happen.

Last edited:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Look at the 2012-2014 seasons, where he played 60+ games, he still only scored 32 and 45 points respectively. He has continued to reduce in points and it's safe to say he'll continue to do that, and will most likely get injured and miss a huge chunk of time again.

Argue with SportsNet:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-positional-power-rankings-top-10-left-wingers/

February 2016

NHL Positional Power Rankings: Top 10 left wingers

If we were voting for this year’s NHL first and second all-star team today, who would the top 10 candidates be at left wing? That’s the question we’ll try to answer here, looking solely at statistics from this season. Here are our current top 10 performers of 2015-16.

1.*Jamie Benn, Dallas Stars (51GP | 28G | 30A | 58PTS)

2.*Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals (46GP | 28G | 14A | 42PTS)

3.*Taylor Hall, Edmonton Oilers (51GP | 18G | 31A | 49PTS)*

4.*Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary Flames (48GP | 20G | 27A | 47PTS)*

5.*Daniel Sedin, Vancouver Canucks (50GP | 21G | 23A* 44PTS

6.*Mike Hoffman, Ottawa Senators (47GP | 22G | 18A | 40PTS)

7.*Michael Cammalleri, New Jersey Devils (42GP | 14G | 24A | 38PTS)
Cammalleri is one of the few reliable offensive options on a top-heavy New Jersey team. He leads the club with 38 points and is one of four forwards with more than 30. After those four, centre Travis Zajac has 23 points and no other forward has even 10. Cammalleri’s on-ice shot metrics are also significantly better than the team average.*Last month: 8

8.*Alexander Steen, St. Louis Blues (53GP | 15G | 27A | 42PTS)*

9.*Artemi Panarin, Chicago Blackhawks (54GP | 18G | 29A | 47PTS)*

10.*Rick Nash, New York Rangers (45GP | 12G | 21A | 33PTS)

And more importantly than stats above, is availability! Nash is probably the only other one Ana could get but he's making $7.8M for 2 more (almost $3M more than Cams ) and the Rags can't eat too much so your probably looking at 5.5-6.5 retained

This was the first list I found and I'm sure there are others he won't be on or not as high on. You can criticize his age and games missed but he still has skills

Sorry to the OP for high jacking your post

Last edited:

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Using the Chiarelli formula...

Seguin=Eriksson
Hall=Larsson
Y=Fowler

Y=Mcdavid+2nd

You better hope you don't trade for fowler Edmonton :sarcasm:

have to be pretty daft to find Fowler to be a quality top 4 option let alone significantly better than Larsson/Eriksson+

that said less than zero interest, outside of boxscore numbers I don't even see how Fowler is better than Sekera. Seriously make your case. I'd have interest in Lindholm, Vatanen, and Manson. 0 for fowler

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
have to be pretty daft to find Fowler to be a quality top 4 option let alone significantly better than Larsson/Eriksson+

that said less than zero interest, outside of boxscore numbers I don't even see how Fowler is better than Sekera. Seriously make your case. I'd have interest in Lindholm, Vatanen, and Manson. 0 for fowler

This. Vatanen is the only realistic one we want. And he's now locked up, not realistic anymore if it ever was.

Not helping out ANAs cap troubles. Deal with your own problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad