Proposal: Calgary/Los Angeles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Bergeron isn't the ideal comparable. His cap hit is 6M not 10M and it expires this year, not 3 years from now. Is a 37 year old Kopitar going to be good for 70-80 points (If he even is now, since he hasn't scored at that rate for 4 years)?

Don't hear me hating on him, he's still an excellent player. But I think it's pretty unlikely he's a PPG player again at this point. I'm not even defending the proposed trade, just doubt he scores 210-240 points over the next 3 seasons. LA already got the value relative to the cap hit out of him. This is the bad, back half of the contract.
Currently at 18 pts in 19 games. He goes through droughts each year hence the reason he isn’t a hundred point player yearly. Also doesn’t cheat on defense. Constant focus of every team game in and out.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Bergeron isn't the ideal comparable. His cap hit is 6M not 10M and it expires this year, not 3 years from now. Is a 37 year old Kopitar going to be good for 70-80 points (If he even is now, since he hasn't scored at that rate for 4 years)?

Kopitar's points per game the past five seasons:

Bergeron's points per game the past five seasons:

One of these guys has been playing with Marchand and Pastrnak on the most talented line in the league, while the other has been carrying the corpse of Dustin Brown.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kopitar's points per game the past five seasons:

Bergeron's points per game the past five seasons:

One of these guys has been playing with Marchand and Pastrnak on the most talented line in the league, while the other has been carrying the corpse of Dustin Brown.
PPG is important. Playing full seasons is also important. I don't actually think the difference is much if anything between them recently offensively, I'd probably give Kopitar the slight edge there. But Kopitar's work in his own end has declined significantly since Darryl left. He's still above average in that regard, but he's nowhere close to Bergeron defensively now. He'd actually be the Flames third best defensive center. That extra 4M in cap and extra 2 years impacts the value significantly too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad