C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Another goal and assist last night, both on great plays from Lambert. The vision he's displayed on some of his assists has been fantastic.

Up to 34p in 22gp, which is apparently "bad production" for a d+1 player according to @MrHeiskanen lol.

The coaches have sent him out in the final minutes of games too, I've noticed.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Seattle is really missing him tonight (out sick). What a huge difference without him in the lineup.

Seattle with such a stacked roster but they haven't had all their players healthy for most of the season. Recently they were missing Dach, Iginla, Sawchyn and Gustafson. Dach came back and then Iginla came back and tonight Sawchyn and Gustafson are back ... but now Lambert is out.

I hope we see a full roster soon.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Seattle with such a stacked roster but they haven't had all their players healthy for most of the season. Recently they were missing Dach, Iginla, Sawchyn and Gustafson. Dach came back and then Iginla came back and tonight Sawchyn and Gustafson are back ... but now Lambert is out.

I hope we see a full roster soon.
Same. Tons of talent, would be cool to see it on the ice at the same time.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Seattle is really missing him tonight (out sick). What a huge difference without him in the lineup.
I've watched a handful of TBird games since he joined the team and I found him to be EASILY the most noticeable player on the team. He absolutely flies out there and is a very dynamic and exciting player to watch.

And this is a team that is filled with high end NHL prospects.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I've watched a handful of TBird games since he joined the team and I found him to be EASILY the most noticeable player on the team. He absolutely flies out there and is a very dynamic and exciting player to watch.

And this is a team that is filled with high end NHL prospects.
Exactly. I mean, I know it's junior hockey, but after the addition of Guenther and Lambert, Seattle is probably the most loaded team in modern CHL history. For him to stand out the way he does is pretty impressive, especially considering how much shade has been thrown his way (mostly from a few disgruntled Finnish fans).

And he does so much more than just score points - it's pretty much an automatic zone entry whenever he's got the puck with any open ice - he's very easily the best puck carrier in the WHL IMO, and one of the best distibutors as well. He shares a lot of similarities with former Seattle TBirds Matt Barzal. So much of the TBirds transition game relies on him. It was odd watching them struggle so much on their zone entries and exits, especially when Korchinski was on the bench. I'm a big fan of Sawcyn, but he can't dominate on the puck like Lambert.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Good to hear him doing well. Exciting to see what he can do next season. Maybe adding some muscle during summer and then trying to break into Jets' lineup.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's really amazing how much more dangerous Seattle looks with him in the lineup. They looked quite pedestrian in their last two games vs Kelowna without him, but look like world beaters again now that he's back.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
It's really amazing how much more dangerous Seattle looks with him in the lineup. They looked quite pedestrian in their last two games vs Kelowna without him, but look like world beaters again now that he's back.

His speed with the puck at this level is very scary. He forces teams to play back and at the Junior level it just creates a lot of chances. Not comparing him to Bedard but its very similar on the effect Bedard has on teams.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
His speed with the puck at this level is very scary. He forces teams to play back and at the Junior level it just creates a lot of chances. Not comparing him to Bedard but its very similar on the effect Bedard has on teams.
Yeah he's for sure not a Bedard level prospect, but the amount of attention he demands when he has the puck feels similar.

He just flat out looks different than everyone else out there.

Reactions: hn777

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1 goal, 5 assists today.

Leading the WHL in points per game in the playoffs.

I thought it was Bedard..

---

1.50 ppg in the regular season
3.00 ppg in the play-offs

blinking-eyes-white-guy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad