C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
He was playing very well in the AHL before getting COVID. Since then he's not looked like himself - his first step has been noticeably weaker.

Yup. He didn't at all look out of place until after he returned.

The declines this kid has, seem to come out of nowhere. One minute he's the best player anyone has seen in forever. And then not long after, somehow becomes completely ineffective.

And honestly, I don't think anyone can actually pinpoint A single problem.

The COVID one is as valid as any other.

But the way he looked in his first, what was it like 3 AHL games, compared to after is night and day. And it makes no sense for it to have been "he's just not good enough or ready", because then how was he good enough and clearly ready the first 3 games?

What does he have like some cheat codes he uses a handful of times until the league catches on and then it's game over? That seems a bit far fetched also, and from what I've seen at least, I can't imagine it's anything like this.

He's a conundrum alright. I'm wondering if he's just not focused on it. Like maybe he just doesn't want it that bad. Or maybe his mind is on other things. Some people don't use their talent. It's alright.

The only thing about it being CV related is that was some time ago now. You; think that it would have warn down by now.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yup. He didn't at all look out of place until after he returned.

The declines this kid has, seem to come out of nowhere. One minute he's the best player anyone has seen in forever. And then not long after, somehow becomes completely ineffective.

And honestly, I don't think anyone can actually pinpoint A single problem.

The COVID one is as valid as any other.

But the way he looked in his first, what was it like 3 AHL games, compared to after is night and day. And it makes no sense for it to have been "he's just not good enough or ready", because then how was he good enough and clearly ready the first 3 games?

What does he have like some cheat codes he uses a handful of times until the league catches on and then it's game over? That seems a bit far fetched also, and from what I've seen at least, I can't imagine it's anything like this.

He's a conundrum alright. I'm wondering if he's just not focused on it. Like maybe he just doesn't want it that bad. Or maybe his mind is on other things. Some people don't use their talent. It's alright.

The only thing about it being CV related is that was some time ago now. You; think that it would have warn down by now.
I think for a young player like him confidence is really important. He was playing with it before COVID, came back and struggled early on, and then lost it. He'll regain it in junior.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't understand why his Visa allowed him to play in the AHL and then go to the World Juniors in Canada but now he can't cross a border when playing in the WHL? If he had made the Jet's, he would've been in the US pretty fast and back and forth all season.

Help me understand?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't understand why his Visa allowed him to play in the AHL and then go to the World Juniors in Canada but now he can't cross a border when playing in the WHL? If he had made the Jet's, he would've been in the US pretty fast and back and forth all season.

Help me understand?
I think his Visa was good for 2022 but not 2023?

Reactions: Czechboy

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Help me understand?
Not an expert, but I assume there are probably different types of visas you need for different leagues. A visa for the AHL might need to be some type of work visa, while one for the WHL might need to be a student visa.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Both good answers, thank you.

I'm surprised the Jet's wouldn't have that figured out in summer. If he had made the big club, would he now be sitting in Winnipeg waiting for all this to clear up?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Both good answers, thank you.

I'm surprised the Jet's wouldn't have that figured out in summer. If he had made the big club, would he now be sitting in Winnipeg waiting for all this to clear up?

No, he'd probably be fine, just like he was fine with the AHL. Not completely sure on the Visa stuff, but I assume a working Visa being paid as a professional for a Canadian hockey team and travelling to the States is different than a (whatever a CHL league Visa would be for int. players) where you're based out of the US, and not playing there with a salary. The Visa allowing him to play with the Moose would cover the Jets.

I assume he wouldn't be able to apply for the Visa he needs now until he stopped being a member of the Moose and that Visa is cancelled or suspended or w/e.

But I'm mostly just guessing at all of this :laugh:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Visa problems solved, he's in the lineup tonight!

Fn2MLn5aIAAsY99.jpg

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Still only played 2 WHL games? How is he having these visa issues? Couldn't they sort these things out before?

I do think that Jets management screwed up here. Rushed Lambert to AHL and kept him there for a while even though he clearly wasn't ready for AHL. Should've obviously started the season in WHL. Instead of 3 points in 14 games in AHL he could have over point per game pace in 30+ games in WHL right now. Maybe get a boost of confidence from scoring points and take that confidence to WJC too and actually do something useful there.

This was clear mismanagement by Jets IMO.
It’s a slow process making up for all the mismanagement that happened in Finland.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
2 goals 1 assist today. Beauty snipe on the PP and classic Brad off the rush in OT for the winner. He’s far too good 3on3 for this league. Lots of hype from T-birds fans online after that game.

Probably should’ve been at this level all season. Amazing what confidence can do.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
His game is meant for junior hockey. Gonna be fun to watch.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Lambert will turn 20 y/o in December 2023. What does this mean in the context of CHL/NHL agreement? Will we see him play a full WHL season next year, or can Jets decide to assign him to AHL, if they so wish?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lambert will turn 20 y/o in December 2023. What does this mean in the context of CHL/NHL agreement? Will we see him play a full WHL season next year, or can Jets decide to assign him to AHL, if they so wish?
He was never drafted out of the CHL so they can do whatever they want.

However, if he was originally drafted out of the CHL then he would be ahl eligible next season because he turns 20 before the year ends.

Reactions: DoingItCoolKiwi

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I watched the Seattle/Everett game last night because as a Hawks fan I wanted to get a look at Korchinski and Allan (who both looked very good) - Lambert stood out not just for the goals he scored but overall throughout the game. His skating was very good and he was engaged in the play. I was happy to see it because I thought he was one of the best prospects before his draft year and then just kind of disappeared. Good to see him back and looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad