C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Even if he dont make it as a big point producer, could he not become a good bottom 6 player in NHL due to his speed and grit?
I wouldn't call him gritty, but yeah, even if he doesn't become a legit top 6 NHLer, I could see him carving out a quality Hagelin/Grabner type career, a speedy middle-6 tweener.

Reactions: Ippenator

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He should tear the WHL up. Wishing him well, think it's a good landing spot. I stick with he's the next Andrew Cogliano.

Reactions: brakeyawself

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I thought he looked really good. He was flying out there which is no surprise and was dominating the puck the entire game. Naturally chemistry with Davidson and easily could have had a few more points. No doubt he's a star at the WHL level. Winnipeg is good too, but Seattle is going to be a tough beat for anyone.

Reactions: hn777

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Scouching right now reading this thread about his Golden Prospect not fulfilling his wild expectations lmao

View attachment 630170
From Scouching's World Juniors recap:

"I look at Brad Lambert being almost alone on this team as a high pace player who can drive possession into the offensive zone and pressure opponents out of their comfort zone and was often left with little support as the first man in on offensive rushes. In turn, this leads to turnovers and limited offensive potential, and in turn he landed himself once again in the coach's doghouse."

Classic "Lambert's teammates and coach are the problem" excuse.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
From Scouching's World Juniors recap:

"I look at Brad Lambert being almost alone on this team as a high pace player who can drive possession into the offensive zone and pressure opponents out of their comfort zone and was often left with little support as the first man in on offensive rushes. In turn, this leads to turnovers and limited offensive potential, and in turn he landed himself once again in the coach's doghouse."

Classic "Lambert's teammates and coach are the problem" excuse.
A part of it might be an excuse but the Finnish coaching style of viivelähtö and träppi isn't exactly Lambert's forte.

Reactions: hn777

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
A part of it might be an excuse but the Finnish coaching style of viivelähtö and träppi isn't exactly Lambert's forte.
His forte isn’t playing against tight and organized defences generally. His forte isn’t Liiga play, his forte isn’t AHL play, his forte isn’t WJC level of junior hockey and his forte definitely isn’t NHL play. Although he is fast on his skates, he is slow and bad with his decision making. This is why he is especially in trouble when he plays in adult leagues that take away time and space.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Still only played 2 WHL games? How is he having these visa issues? Couldn't they sort these things out before?

I do think that Jets management screwed up here. Rushed Lambert to AHL and kept him there for a while even though he clearly wasn't ready for AHL. Should've obviously started the season in WHL. Instead of 3 points in 14 games in AHL he could have over point per game pace in 30+ games in WHL right now. Maybe get a boost of confidence from scoring points and take that confidence to WJC too and actually do something useful there.

This was clear mismanagement by Jets IMO.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Still only played 2 WHL games? How is he having these visa issues? Couldn't they sort these things out before?

I do think that Jets management screwed up here. Rushed Lambert to AHL and kept him there for a while even though he clearly wasn't ready for AHL. Should've obviously started the season in WHL. Instead of 3 points in 14 games in AHL he could have over point per game pace in 30+ games in WHL right now. Maybe get a boost of confidence from scoring points and take that confidence to WJC too and actually do something useful there.

This was clear mismanagement by Jets IMO.
He was playing very well in the AHL before getting COVID. Since then he's not looked like himself - his first step has been noticeably weaker.

Reactions: brakeyawself

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
What are these Visa issues? Was he not allowed to play AHL games in the US as well? Pardon my ignorance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad