C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Imo: a nutcase.

But it is easy for anyone to make this claim on a forum. The future could prove him right because Hutson's ultimate upside is a superstar.

However he purposely ignores the risk factor which is very high with Hutson. Easy to do when you have no skin in the game. He will either be right and gloat, or be wrong and never been seen again.

Best course of action on topics like these hyper boom or bust guys is to steer clear of long arguments with weirdos.
Anyone that calls someone a weirdo for no reason, other than to try and fit in on a fourm is truly the weirdo. Weirdo.

As stated. Easily top 5 pick, easily top 3 after he dominates again next year.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Name me 5 players that had the Season Hutson had that draft? His potential is massive. His defensive game needs some work for sure but will improve with his skating.

Cooley had a monster year
Jiricek had a monster year
Kulich
Korchinski
Mintyukov
Savoie
Dumais

By your standards Dumais should be seen as a top5 pick but no one will.
Size matters, just a fact

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Anyone that calls someone a weirdo for no reason, other than to try and fit in on a fourm is truly the weirdo. Weirdo.

As stated. Easily top 5 pick, easily top 3 after he dominates again next year.
People wouldn't be given you shit if it weren't abundantly clear your opinion of this player is MASSIVELY clouded by your fandom.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Bitter Habs fans, and anybody who can’t forgive a kid a moment of immaturity.
I don't think any Habs fan is bitter Hughes didn't pick Wright at this point... if anything we'd rather have picked Cooley or Jiricek.

Wright has been a bit underwhelming relative to where he was picked that's all. He's still a very good prospect. It's just a guy who was talked in the same breath as McDavid not so long ago. Expectations have been higher for Wright for much longer then Slafkovsky.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Casey? Can see an argument for both Ostlund and Nazar, but they didn't exaclty do mu h over Hutson this year...
Casey is a much better all around defender. And if you watched him in the frozen four you'd see his ability to take over games is at least as good.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I’d think Hutson probably slides into the 20-40 range.

NHL teams aren’t surprised at his offensive capabilities, they knew he was among, if not the best offensive D in the draft.

They are projecting the NHL game, same reason Dumais likely doesn’t go in the 1st round despite his season.

Whether people like to admit it or not, a guy Hutson’s size on D isn’t going to be high on most teams lists.

I guarantee you none of the teams expected Hutson to have as dominant of a d+1 year. What Seamus Casey did this year, and what you would've hoped Hutson to do (if you asked before the season started).
Nobody expected Hutson to finish among the top 10 Hobey Baker finalists and be the most productive U19 NCAA defenseman since Craig Redmond had 54 points in 1982-83.

Also, Hutson was drafted at 5'8. He's now 5'10. That makes a big difference.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ
I guarantee you none of the teams expected Hutson to have as dominant of a d+1 year. What Seamus Casey did this year, and what you would've hoped Hutson to do (if you asked before the season started).
Nobody expected Hutson to finish among the top 10 Hobey Baker finalists and be the most productive U19 NCAA defenseman since Craig Redmond had 54 points in 1982-83.

Also, Hutson was drafted at 5'8. He's now 5'10. That makes a big difference.
If Hutson is 5’10”, I’m 6’5” (I’m actually 5’11”). In other worlds, no way in hell. :shakehead:thumbd:

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ
So I guess you know Hutson's height better than Hutson himself?
Do you really think he’s not exaggerating just a smidgen??? :laugh: Dude wants to make it to the NHL as soon as possible, so he is “embellishing” his lack of height, so to speak. He’s years away from making the NHL, if at all. As was stated above, height matters, as does DEFENSE.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
While it's all fun and games to do re-drafts and such, at this stage it's also basically impossible when you're comparing

1) In the NHL

2) In the AHL

3) In College

4) In Major Juniors (with cups of coffee in the NHL and AHL)

5) In College

6) In the AHL

7) In Major Juniors

8) In the SHL

9) In Major Juniors

10) In Major Juniors

and so on... Players are just all over the map at this stage as far as what league/level of competition they're playing, that there really isn't an apples to apples comparison between them, so people can obviously have their fun with the re-rankings and stuff, but just a friendly reminder to avoid making the discussion toxic.

Reactions: Rice

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Hutson't had an interesting year, but I still don't think he goes in the first round of a re-draft. He hasn't shown anything people didn't already know about him at the draft. Yes he's confirmed his offensives upside, but no one was taking him if they were not already convinced of it.
Exactly this. Everyone knew he was an elite offensive player but his ditractors will still say he skating ability isnt elite like Hughes/Makar to be that type of player. He’s definitely had a hell of a year though. I’m a redraft probably goes 20-30.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
How's he looked in his return to the firebirds?

His numbers look like they've fallen off a bit. 7p in 12 career AHL games seems pretty meh, especially compared to what guys like Kemell, Kulich, Jiricek, and Nemec have done.

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
How's he looked in his return to the firebirds?

His numbers look like they've fallen off a bit. 7p in 12 career AHL games seems pretty meh, especially compared to what guys like Kemell, Kulich, Jiricek, and Nemec have done.

7 points in 12 games seems pretty remarkable actually when compared to Lambert's 3 in 14.

:sarcasm:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
7 points in 12 games seems pretty remarkable actually when compared to Lambert's 3 in 14.

:sarcasm:
Sure, Lambert's numbers post COVID were unsurprisingly poor.

Luckily he's rebounded and has been straight up dominating the playoffs in the CHL. Something I'm sure the spitfires wish Wright was able to do...

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Do you really think he’s not exaggerating just a smidgen??? :laugh: Dude wants to make it to the NHL as soon as possible, so he is “embellishing” his lack of height, so to speak. He’s years away from making the NHL, if at all. As was stated above, height matters, as does DEFENSE.

Wtf is wrong with you ? lol

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Scratched in the AHL, possibly not even relevant. Yikes, another early January Minor Hockey darling that's turning out to be not at all that.
Still crazy to think that the he was still legitimately in consideration for the 1st pick all the way up till the draft.

I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Been hearing this has been the case as well - turns out my overconfident proclamations earlier in this thread may be wrong. I'll eat the crow I deserve.
He's not too good for the CHL so it doesn't really matter in the end if he has to play another year there.

Honestly I think he's still got a lot to prove at the junior level. Would love to see him visibly dominate the play in the OHL for an entire season + playoffs.

He clearly was rushed to the NHL. I'll never understand the logic with that decision after watching him the prior year in Kingston.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad