C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bedard is 5 foot 9½ 186 pound physically mature 17 year old.
What happens next year for Bedard when/if in same situation what Wright?

Lots other junior players who are not physically mature, yet they still play really good,
even dominate, they have room to improve, in every area of their game

Well then, what about Shane Wright & Connor Bedard?

It could be that Wright peaked, matured at very early age
and haven't worked on his game much at all, sure he did
lose entire season of development and this season has gone
how it has gone.

| however, dude is only 18, i think we will see the truth
to Wright's situation in his last ELC year |

What if the same happens/has happened for Bedard?
its not like Bedard is McDavid level prospect you know.
- we cannot all be gods of hockey.. lol

If Connor Bedard stops working on his game
stops trying to get better, learning new stuff etc. etc.

I have a body of a pro, i'm dominating in here at junior level
both in CHL and at International, i'm going to be drafted 1st overall,
i'm ready, ready to take the Calder.

You never know how these things go.

Good luck Shane Wright
Why are you comparing Bedard to Wright? Because they are nothing alike.

Do you just go around doubting 1st overall forwards from North America hoping to eventually be right? Because you did the same thing with Matthews (lol), Hughes (lol), Lafreniere, Wright, and now Bedard. Heck you've even thrown shade at McDavid.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
You legit started this by responding to my message below telling me to show my work:

And yet you want me to "show my work" in a way that contradicts my statement to you. You need to pick a lane because your argument keeps changing. I didn't dispute his "smarts" - the point was that's a far more subjective component to measure than his physical maturity, yet you acted like his smarts were obvious and his early physical maturity was not and needed proof.

I believe his early physical maturity is driving his recent struggles to some extent. You don't. That's fine. It's subjective anyway. But just because some scouts didn't have concerns about his physical maturity affecting his long term potential doesn't mean that (a) they were right; or (b) it isn't. The success rate on scouting (or any of our takes, mine included) is low.
What I asked you to show your work on was how his early physical maturity was driving his recent struggles and you haven't shown that.

One of things that junior-aged players struggle with the most when trying to make the jump to the NHL is adjusting to the strength and fitness of NHLers. If a junior-aged player were to struggle with this, it would stand to reason that it's a player who is not strong, or physically mature, and still has to develop physically.

You've said that these things don't apply to Wright and yet his early physical maturity is a reason he's struggling?

You are right, that is subjective.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What I asked you to show your work on was how his early physical maturity was driving his recent struggles and you haven't shown that.

One of things that junior-aged players struggle with the most when trying to make the jump to the NHL is adjusting to the strength and fitness of NHLers. If a junior-aged player were to struggle with this, it would stand to reason that it's a player who is not strong, or physically mature, and still has to develop physically.

You've said that these things don't apply to Wright and yet his early physical maturity is a reason he's struggling?

You are right, that is subjective.

You keep moving the goal posts. You might be asking that now but that's not what you originally asked, nor does it have any relation to my response to your original post.

It's not a good look for you when you feel the need to fabricate positions for me. I never said that the fact that Wright was physically mature at a young age means he can't get stronger, can't physically develop more, or doesn't need to adjust to the strength and fitness of NHLers. Show your work.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Every time I click on a new post in this thread I'm hoping that it's news of him being sent down to get actual playing time but sadly it never happens.

Playing just over 8 MPG in 7 of the teams first 17 games just isn't very good development of any player.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Hope you're right.
I hope I am as well. I have Wright in my sim keeper league and this has been exasperating to follow, it will be even more exasperating if he plays 10th game this season which means I will have to sign him for next season and start his ELC. AHL for 2 weeks -> WJC camp and then WJC tournament for a month -> Return to OHL in early January and traded to a top OHL contender is how this needs to play out.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Why are you comparing Bedard to Wright? Because they are nothing alike.

Do you just go around doubting 1st overall forwards from North America hoping to eventually be right? Because you did the same thing with Matthews (lol), Hughes (lol), Lafreniere, Wright, and now Bedard. Heck you've even thrown shade at McDavid.
Nobody homers like the Finns, brother.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Tonight was the 4th game in a row as a healthy scratch. It seems clear he'll sit the next one out and that will allow them to send him to the AHL on a 2 week conditioning stint and then go to the Canada WJC Camp in early December.

I suppose this was the plan all along, just executed with incompetence. Feels like a high stakes poker game between Kingston and Seattle, with Wright in the middle. And what's the plan after the WJC?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The craziest thing is he already missed his D-1 season, due to the OHL COVID shutdown, and IMO that had quite a negative impact on his development. He needs the reps. So far Seattle making it 2 of the past 3 seasons where he’s getting essentially no real game action.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
All indications are he will be scratched again tonight, so that will be game #5.

I anticipate his assigning to the AHL for a conditioning stint is announced within 48 hours.
How long are these conditioning stints allowed to be for?

Kingston's falling back to around .500, so any notion of them potentially being a contender is proving false. So chances are his rights will be dealt around the New Year.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad