C Samuel Honzek - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2023, 16th, CGY)

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Sounds like he is on the first line! Congrats.. take that ball and run with it
Every Calgary fan including myself is operating under the assumption that he gets a 9 game trial then gets sent down to the AHL, but all Honzek has done so far is literally force his way in to the lineup and now with a Sharangovich injury a 1st line spot. He’s big, fast and surprisingly strong; if he just fit like a glove with Kadri and Kuz and stuck for the year I wouldn’t even be surprised at this point.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Every Calgary fan including myself is operating under the assumption that he gets a 9 game trial then gets sent down to the AHL, but all Honzek has done so far is literally force his way in to the lineup and now with a Sharangovich injury a 1st line spot. He’s big, fast and surprisingly strong; if he just fit like a glove with Kadri and Kuz and stuck for the year I wouldn’t even be surprised at this point.
I want him to stick.. would be great for Slovak hockey if nothing else! But he does seem to have taken a step!

Reactions: salwan

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
The 9 game trial thing only applies to junior players. Their contract slides if they play 9 games or less and gets sent back to junior. Honzek’s (or anyone else) contract doesn’t slide if he plays in the A

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
The 9 game trial thing only applies to junior players. Their contract slides if they play 9 games or less and gets sent back to junior. Honzek’s (or anyone else) contract doesn’t slide if he plays in the A

This is not true at all. See Brad Lambert for example. 1 season in chl, 1 season in ahl. Still has 3 years left on his ELC

Reactions: Kahvi

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
This is not true at all. See Brad Lambert for example. 1 season in chl, 1 season in ahl. Still has 3 years left on his ELC

I know there’s a weird rule about players playing in the AHL and their contract slides due to a late birthday. I’m dating myself here, but I remember the same thing happening with Emile Poirier I believe. I don’t think that rule applies to Honzek though

Edit: I looked up the rule and I apologize to OP. It will slide for Honzek in the A because he was born after September 15 AND he signed his ELC the same year he was drafted. Just like Lambert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sticktape

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad