C Samuel Honzek - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2023, 16th, CGY)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Is 21 in 17 any concern? Slightly lower scoring rate than last season
I don't think so. Only two teams in the entire WHL scored less goals than Vancouver...and Honzek is just coming back from injury. He'll be fine.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Regressed from his 18 year old season to his 19 year old season. Has dealt with injuries though. Interested to see what his rookie season in the A looks like.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Regressed from his 18 year old season to his 19 year old season. Has dealt with injuries though. Interested to see what his rookie season in the A looks like.
I wouldn’t focus too too much on the numbers for Honzek. The most important thing for him is to fill out his big frame. He has the size and skill to play in the NHL, it’s really important that he continues to get stronger though.

I think he’ll take 2-3 more years before he’s ready to play unless he takes a huge step.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I wouldn’t focus too too much on the numbers for Honzek. The most important thing for him is to fill out his big frame. He has the size and skill to play in the NHL, it’s really important that he continues to get stronger though.

I think he’ll take 2-3 more years before he’s ready to play unless he takes a huge step.
I understand what Honzek is, likely a fast middle 6 energy forward who is very defensively responsible, but you'd still like to see his offense grow while in junior

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
So far so good through first 2 pre season games. He has 5 assists in those 2 games. Most importantly he is back to his old self, especially the crashing, fighting and stick checking along the boards.

Again I was disappointed by this past season, and he must stay healthy this year. But I still have the same opinion as I had a year and a half ago. With that being the upside I saw in his draft year.

Honzek has the most upside out of any Slovak forward besides Slafkovsky among 2004-2007 age forward. It’s been pretty much set in point that he will play LW despite some movement around where he played over the last 2 years.

I am really looking forward to this season.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So far so good through first 2 pre season games. He has 5 assists in those 2 games. Most importantly he is back to his old self, especially the crashing, fighting and stick checking along the boards.

Again I was disappointed by this past season, and he must stay healthy this year. But I still have the same opinion as I had a year and a half ago. With that being the upside I saw in his draft year.

Honzek has the most upside out of any Slovak forward besides Slafkovsky among 2004-2007 age forward. It’s been pretty much set in point that he will play LW despite some movement around where he played over the last 2 years.

I am really looking forward to this season.
He might be playing his way onto the Wranglers to start the season as he's AHL eligible due to his late birthday. While he might not explode offensively in AHL, I think playing against men would help his development more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad