C Samuel Honzek - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2023, 16th, CGY)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Is 21 in 17 any concern? Slightly lower scoring rate than last season
I don't think so. Only two teams in the entire WHL scored less goals than Vancouver...and Honzek is just coming back from injury. He'll be fine.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Regressed from his 18 year old season to his 19 year old season. Has dealt with injuries though. Interested to see what his rookie season in the A looks like.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Regressed from his 18 year old season to his 19 year old season. Has dealt with injuries though. Interested to see what his rookie season in the A looks like.
I wouldn’t focus too too much on the numbers for Honzek. The most important thing for him is to fill out his big frame. He has the size and skill to play in the NHL, it’s really important that he continues to get stronger though.

I think he’ll take 2-3 more years before he’s ready to play unless he takes a huge step.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I wouldn’t focus too too much on the numbers for Honzek. The most important thing for him is to fill out his big frame. He has the size and skill to play in the NHL, it’s really important that he continues to get stronger though.

I think he’ll take 2-3 more years before he’s ready to play unless he takes a huge step.
I understand what Honzek is, likely a fast middle 6 energy forward who is very defensively responsible, but you'd still like to see his offense grow while in junior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad