C Michael McLeod (2016, 12th, NJD) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Eh, some will bust, some will be traded, and two years from now we'll be talking about needing to take a LW in the draft because of organizational weakness, watch.

at LW/C going forward we now have:

Hall
Zajac
Patrick or Hischier
Zacha
McLeod
Henrique
Cammalleri
Quenneville
Wood
Blandisi

all in the NHL or will be very shortly.

I realize that things change quickly in the NHL but thats a lot of depth. This is why I am on the "package Henrique for a DMan" bandwagon

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
at LW/C going forward we now have:

Hall
Zajac
Patrick or Hischier
Zacha
McLeod
Henrique
Cammalleri
Quenneville
Wood
Blandisi

all in the NHL or will be very shortly.

I realize that things change quickly in the NHL but thats a lot of depth. This is why I am on the "package Henrique for a DMan" bandwagon
That's not really that much depth. We have 8 LW/Cs dressed for every game, plus 1-2 scratched, and there are only 10 players on that list. I agree that there's luxury there and we can afford to deal to shore up other parts of the roster, but 2 years from now that list could turn pretty paltry.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Those entire stretch of tweets were basically pimping the prospects for the team the employs him. Look at his follow ups on Hague and Tippett.

I know, I follow that guy, too. Still doesn't change the fact that he lead the league in controlled entries. Unless you think he's lying.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
2 pts in 9 games vs an elite team like Erie this year.

Great news for the Devils considering he won't have to play Erie when he makes it to the NHL. He should do fine against non-Erie teams based on his stats so we just have to make sure there's no expansion to Erie anytime soon.

I like our chances.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I know, I follow that guy, too. Still doesn't change the fact that he lead the league in controlled entries. Unless you think he's lying.
I don't but as his pinned tweet says, I think he was choosing the absolutely most positive thing to say about each player. Although, what he says clearly lines up with the eye-test, McLeod's skating is clearly elite.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I never understood the "Player (so and so) only scores his points or goals or assists against bad teams" argument.

At the end of a season, everyone plays roughly the same schedule in a pretty even league.

And I say that as someone who thought this was a bad pick by the Devils. That argument to me does not make any sense.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
And if McLeod only scored against good teams people (mostly those with obvious agendas) would be saying he takes games off.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I never understood the "Player (so and so) only scores his points or goals or assists against bad teams" argument.

At the end of a season, everyone plays roughly the same schedule in a pretty even league.

And I say that as someone who thought this was a bad pick by the Devils. That argument to me does not make any sense.

You don't understand it because it's a farcical belief to have and you have to mentally prepare yourself better for the mental slowdown it takes to utter something so overly reductive.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ

Nice mix of goals here. Showed some sweet hands on several of them, had a few snipes, displayed some blistering speed. However, I think a lot of his goal scoring prowess will translate at the next level since many were scored in the dirty areas. He obviously won't score as many since NHL dmen are faster and have better positioning but he'll still be able to beat most to loose pucks and scoring areas.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009

Not exactly.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Management thinks very highly of him. Shero said something to the effect of "we'll give him every opportunity to earn a spot in training camp" and Castron always heaps praise on him. He perfectly personifies the vision Shero has for this team.

I think he would have to have a really bad camp to not make it. He could start as #3 C behind Zajac/Nico, or at RW where we are very thin. We definitely have spots open.

Personally I think he has nothing more to learn at the junior level, and he's not AHL eligible. He'd be an immediate upgrade over the guys we have now and would bring some much needed energy and enthusiasm. To me, this is the right time for him to make the next step but I don't think it's the end of the world if he goes back for another year. Nico will satiate my sweet tooth for the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad