C Matthew Savoie - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF, traded to EDM) - PART 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Some more points again, though in the loss to Bedard and the Pats. Up to fifth in the WHL in points and has pulled his pts/game up to 1.48 for the season after a slow start in the fall. Since the first of December, he's up over 1.6 points per game in 33 games. In his last 13 he has gone 13-12-25 for just 1.92 points per game.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I feel like when you see the highlights of this guy you would expect he would be over 2ppg for the season, blazing speed, good hands , just doesn't finish as many plays as you would hope, but he creates so many high danger opportunities with his skillset.

He's fallen off a bit in terms of hype but I still think he has the ability to be a good NHL producer, all of the required tangible skills are already present in his game. Maybe a bit like a barzal in terms of how his production will never quite match the eye test but still can be a player who can create something from nothing when nobody else is getting it done, I wouldn't be worried about his hockey Canada snubs either , I think they took his departure to the ushl 2 years ago personally

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I feel like when you see the highlights of this guy you would expect he would be over 2ppg for the season, blazing speed, good hands , just doesn't finish as many plays as you would hope, but he creates so many high danger opportunities with his skillset.

He's fallen off a bit in terms of hype but I still think he has the ability to be a good NHL producer, all of the required tangible skills are already present in his game. Maybe a bit like a barzal in terms of how his production will never quite match the eye test but still can be a player who can create something from nothing when nobody else is getting it done, I wouldn't be worried about his hockey Canada snubs either , I think they took his departure to the ushl 2 years ago personally
It took him a few months fully recover from his shoulder injury. Looks like he's back at 100%.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Since the start of December, 1.68 points/game. Since the start of February, 1.81 points per game. Seems he's over the shoulder issue that took away his summer.
Is that why he seems to be doing about the same as his draft year ?

I just check stats on Owen Pedersen and noticed he and Geekie aren't really taking a step above offensively from their draft season

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, but his season overall so far is about 1.5, so a slight improvement.

I'm asking if the shoulder injury slowed him down at the start, as the numbers posted since Decemeber is more of what you'd expect/want after you've drafted said player

The short answer about his shoulder would be yes.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don't really watch him play, but I have heard multiple people say that he also had terrible puck luck early in the season but was getting good chances -- so his PDO regressing to the mean would be part of a longer answer.
Pronman talked about it on an athletic podcast earlier this year. Said that you couldn’t ignore the drop in production especially for a small skill player…but that he’d watched him play a bunch of games and he looked fast, engaged and dangerous…just not getting on the score sheet. Now he’s on the score sheet at a higher rate as expected.

He couldn’t even get on the ice from the end of last year through camp this year. And he’s somehow still getting stronger and finding more at the end of the grind of a year entered cold. Its impressive.

Reactions: wetcoast

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
I don't really watch him play, but I have heard multiple people say that he also had terrible puck luck early in the season but was getting good chances -- so his PDO regressing to the mean would be part of a longer answer.
Off topic. That man in your avatar. Who he is? Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad