C Matthew Poitras - Boston Bruins, NHL (2022, 54th, BOS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
In fairness they've played a really easy schedule, but Montgomery's system combined with elite talent on defense and two legit #1 goalies makes the best of what they have and will get them into the playoffs again. It'll be a tough road the next few weeks assuming McAvoy's getting suspended 2 or 3 games and Grzelcyk is on IR for a while. But they're a solid playoff team as currently constructed, even without the top firepower. Even with the easy schedule, they won the games they were supposed to win and took advantage of that, leaving only one point on the board. If they play exactly .500 hockey the rest of the season, they get to 90 points.

What's crazy is their only loss was an OT loss after they blew a 2 goal lead in the final 2 minutes to Anaheim because they got greedy and kept trying to hit the empty net rather than make the safe play
I sit row 2 behind net and that seemed like what they were doing - they were taking that extra moment to see about making a pass not just get out

Several hesitations turned into misfires and lost pucks

9-0 with McAvoy & Grzelcyk would have been quite a battle with Leafs - McAvoy playing elite level and Grzelcyk as best as ever seen

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
[/QUOTE]

This years Wyatt Johnson?
[/QUOTE]

Kid has really good hands and high hockey IQ. My very limited viewings of Johnston is he is certainly bigger, faster and more of a goal scorer than Poitras. Potrais appears to have a bit more play making savvy. He had a couple more assists in fewer games than Johnston their last year in the OHA and it appears like Johnston may have had Cullyee on his wing while Poitras had no one like that.

Poitras will probably end up centering Pastrnak in a couple of years so his assists totals will get seriously inflated.

• Haha
Reactions: Craft Beer Lover

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
@KillerMillerTime

He has an amazing hockey i.q so his assist totals were going up anyway.

No doubt they were but I'm saying if he centers #88 his assist total could bump up by
10 assists minimum.

The thing is with him is that even if he doesn't put up a point in a game, he is still very noticeable.

Alot of young rookies in many games over the years are invisible other than chipping in with a point while on the PP or something

He probably has the best two goals scored in 5\5 or 4\4 play this year for Boston against Chicago and Detroit.

Reactions: The don godfather

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How do you guys think he will be this upcoming season??? He had that injury last season and was out quite a while… now that he is AHL eligible, do most people feel he will need a season in the minors?

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
How do you guys think he will be this upcoming season??? He had that injury last season and was out quite a while… now that he is AHL eligible, do most people feel he will need a season in the minors?
He played well enough last year in a limited role to suggest he is a NHL player. He supposedly added 13 pounds since last training camp so that hopefully helps address his strength and ability to hold up to physicality. With that said, if he does show some rust in training camp, it's nice to have the option to send him to Providence for a few weeks/months to get prime ice time and regain his form/confidence. But if I had to bet, I'd guess that he'll be in Boston for opening night.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Not sure where he will be playing in October, but he will be in Boston at some point. He isn't being handed a spot, but it would be surprising if he didn't earn it, even if maybe he shakes off some rust in the AHL first.

edit: yeah, what BronxBruin said

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
Would probably be wiser to get him some top line playing time in the AHL to get back into form before bringing him up to the NHL. That is unless he wows in training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad