C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Plus he plays in Sweden so that’s “Swedish enough” right? I guess there is already a Rogle connection as well!

All jokes aside, it’s hard to imagine the DRW not being one of the scouting groups most ahead of the curve on this kid. I just wonder if both Kasper and Raymond/Seider prove to be too good this year to make such an alignment happen!

That's the other part of it. William Wallinder is over in Rogle so I'm sure that Detroit is getting a good look at him. Vancouver as well. Tomas Gradin and Hakan Andersson have been dueling each other over who finds the best Swedish prospects for a while now.

A couple of more recent prospects I've compared Kasper to are Anton Lundell and Joel Eriksson-Ek. They're both guys that didn't really blow anyone away in their draft years but just played the right way. Doing the small things as well as some of the seasoned pros, driving play and always finding a way to be involved.

You can see the floor as a very strong defensive player. I don't know what the ceiling is but I'd gamble on it being a very good top 6 center.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
He did good work in front of the net for the equalizer, screening the goalie

Here's the sequence on the PP:

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
He did play in Rogle's champions league game this week against sparta praha.

The production has slowed down, but he still playing well. He covers so much ice, is a great forchecking, defensively astute and gets in a decent amount of goalscoring positions. Would like to see an uptick in playmaking, something he really hasnt shown at a sr level, yet.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Like this guy a lot, he has a right approach and nice environment for his talent development

Last edited:

swedishprospects

Nov 7, 2021
Such a hard-working kid. Great skating that drives the bus for his game. As mentioned by others, it would be interesting to see more of the offensive upside he has shown flashes of. Kasper has played the majority of his games at the SHL level since he came to Sweden during the summer of 2020. I have never seen him dominate offensively in the J20 Nationell, like many others prospects do before being promoted. And yes, he has nice points total in the junior league, roughly a ppg, but I would like to see more of this before we start talking top 20. Would not make much of the CHL action. That's a bottom-priority competition for the SHL clubs. Basically an extended preseason tournament

Here's what I think of him: Scouting Report: Marco Kasper - swedishprospects.com

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Such a hard-working kid. Great skating that drives the bus for his game. As mentioned by others, it would be interesting to see more of the offensive upside he has shown flashes of. Kasper has played the majority of his games at the SHL level since he came to Sweden during the summer of 2020. I have never seen him dominate offensively in the J20 Nationell, like many others prospects do before being promoted. And yes, he has nice points total in the junior league, roughly a ppg, but I would like to see more of this before we start talking top 20. Would not make much of the CHL action. That's a bottom-priority competition for the SHL clubs. Basically an extended preseason tournament

Here's what I think of him: Scouting Report: Marco Kasper - swedishprospects.com

I thought the same thing. I think it's better when a player dominates a level before moving up. Kaspar doesn't have much J20 time because Rogle thinks highly of him so he was promoted quickly. This happens most often with high hockey IQ types or players who physically mature early. Not to say he still can't develop his offensive game though

Reactions: swedishprospects

swedishprospects

Nov 7, 2021
I thought the same thing. I think it's better when a player dominates a level before moving up. Kaspar doesn't have much J20 time because Rogle thinks highly of him so he was promoted quickly. This happens most often with high hockey IQ types or players who physically mature early. Not to say he still can't develop his offensive game though

Agreed. I should also be clear with the fact that he actually does dominate defensively and in the physical aspects of the game at the J20 level. It's only in the creative parts of the offence it would be nice to see some of his skill on further display. Tricky situation since it's tough to degrade him to the J20 level just for this.

Reactions: wings5

swedishprospects

Nov 7, 2021
He's been a more frequent participator in the J20 Nationell lately. Funny when we just talked about this. Nothing wrong with his shot as seen in this tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marco Kasper has been a regular in the SHL this season, but has got more games at the U20 level lately. Could be valuable for his offensive development.<br><br>Kasper just scored to make it 2-0 Rögle vs. Linköping in the J20 Nat. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/2022NHLDraft?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#2022NHLDraft</a><br><br>Scouting report: <a href="Scouting Report: Marco Kasper - swedishprospects.com">Scouting Report: Marco Kasper - swedishprospects.com</a> <a href="https://t.co/KkfDDDnCaf">pic.twitter.com/KkfDDDnCaf</a></p>&mdash; Swedish Prospects (@ProspectsSE) <a href="">January 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

swedishprospects

Nov 7, 2021
That's a hot take! Going to be interesting to see what he becomes. I don't necessarily agree with you, but would love to see him picked in the top 10. I respect his hard work and dedication

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

11 points in 45 games, 1 game remaining. He's the top U18, second U19, scorer (total points, not PPG).

I could understand the concern that he's a bit of a glass cannon, but I'm glad to see that he picked things up towards the end of the season, with 4 points in the last 8 games.

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019
2 goals and 1 assist in 8 playoff games
He's also getting 14 minutes ice-time per game. Good to see his coach having enough trust in him to put him out there in the playoffs.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hard to see him lasting past the mid-1st. There will be sexier upside choices but a strong finish really puts the icing on the cake as far as I’m concerned with a kid who is already a pro and has a game that will translate really well to North America.

Not terribly concerned about his lack of scoring domination time at the junior level. If anything, he’s already made they harder jump - it’s not like his SHL games are a mirage that we sometimes see with really young guys where you look on EP and a 17 year-old already has appearances at that level and you just assume that they’ve “made it” when the club has an injury crisis and are putting that teenager out there for 3-4 minutes a night. I think you can legitimately say Kasper has been a legit SHL player on a good team as a 17 year-old which is not unimpressive. If you were to plop him on a CHL team next year I think he’d dominate plenty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad