C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
One of just 3 u17 players to play any SHL games this season and the only non Swede, Rogle must think pretty highly of Kasper

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Rögle has another promising austrian prospect on the team, Thimo Nickl, 4th round pick by the Ducks, the austrian connection?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Definitely a guy who needs more attention. When the original weaknesses 18 months ago were "weak and light against" men and he's now checking in at a stout 6'-1", 183 pounds at age 17 and doesn't even turn 18 until April...that's gonna grab some attention. So are 5 points in 4 games in the CHL (and a goal thus far in the SHL). Plus a new two-year contract which makes it pretty clear he's going to be a pretty important SHL regular playing on what looks to be one of the premier teams in Sweden and Europe this year.

It's early days but he and Kulich look like the two European prospects who are primed to not only be potential first rounders - but potentially high ones - after not getting very much attention at all until the last few months.

Edit: Oops and Kemell of course but he was already much more talked about even if he is reaching a new gear this season.

Last edited:

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Nils Ekman, Swedish national television hockey expert (roughly translated):

"When it comes to SHL in general, Ekman is most impressed by the younger players progression and first and foremost Rogle's Austrian talent, Marco Kasper:
- It's sick! He produces in both the CHL and the SHL. He's the real deal, a budding star.
He's only 17, what makes you so sure?
- The ability to make things by himself. He learned Swedish in a month, he's a real good student at school. He works his butt of every day. He's awesome at practices and he delivers all through and is so young. He's got the things figured out that most do when they're 25-26 years. He sort of got a 10 year head start. He's a guaranteed NHL-star, says Nils Ekman".

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
“A” grade from Central Scouting. I think Kasper has not only firmly entrenched himself as a guy scouts and pundits think has first round upside - his trajectory could put him into the first half of the first round or even later lottery picks zone - and in this deep class that’s saying something. There’s a lot to like and his physical growth and development are the kind of curve that teams are looking for.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If he doesn’t go top 10 in this draft, especially with the chaos of ranking this particular crop - I’ll eat my hat.

I think we may be witnessing him evolving into an even better long-term NHL prospect than Rossi and that of course is saying something because in my opinion the only reason Rossi isn’t in the NHL right now is because of his “lost” year. He’s chewing up the AHL.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
If he doesn’t go top 10 in this draft, especially with the chaos of ranking this particular crop - I’ll eat my hat.

I think we may be witnessing him evolving into an even better long-term NHL prospect than Rossi and that of course is saying something because in my opinion the only reason Rossi isn’t in the NHL right now is because of his “lost” year. He’s chewing up the AHL.

This is the guy that I'm hoping ends up a Detroit pick above all others. Great hustle, great shot, good skating, and just so damn smart both on and off the puck. He's not going to wow you with his dangles like some of the other guys but he just has the look of a guy that will be a very effective NHLer.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This is the guy that I'm hoping ends up a Detroit pick above all others. Great hustle, great shot, good skating, and just so damn smart both on and off the puck. He's not going to wow you with his dangles like some of the other guys but he just has the look of a guy that will be a very effective NHLer.

Plus he plays in Sweden so that’s “Swedish enough” right? I guess there is already a Rogle connection as well!

All jokes aside, it’s hard to imagine the DRW not being one of the scouting groups most ahead of the curve on this kid. I just wonder if both Kasper and Raymond/Seider prove to be too good this year to make such an alignment happen!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad