C Frederik Gauthier (2013, 21st, TOR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
If he continues to slide and has a poor playoffs could Gauthier slip into the second round?

I think it's definitely becoming more of a possibility but this kid is good and scouts know it. I doubt he does slip out of the 1st , I think he'll be picked between 22-30 . If someone is able to get him in the second round, it's a huge steal. You can't teach what Gauthier has.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
On Gauthier's slide, among other things:

Like many rookies, Gauthier hit a wall soon after, finishing with just eight points in his final 18 games.

“It’s maybe a little bit of fatigue,†Beausoleil said. †He was a little bit tired at the end. It’s a long season in the Q and he has to learn to manage it.â€

It’s all part of the learning experience that young players go through. The QMJHL has a long growling schedule with lots of travel and it can be taxing for a kid that is trying to adjust from playing minor hockey.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/young-gauthier-learning-qmjhl-ropes/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I predict that Gauthier will suit up for at least a handful of NHL games next fall. Someone will see a huge, defensively responsible center with amazing reach and some offensive upside and think " I want that in my lineup right now".

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
http://lastwordonsports.com/frederik-gauthier-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-21/

Frederik Gauthier: 2013 NHL Draft Player Profile #21

A rookie on the Rimouski Oceanic this season, Frederik Gauthier has made a big impression. He was over a point per game player nearly the whole season, before hitting the “rookie wall†and putting up just 8 points over his final 18 games. The drop off in production near the end of the year for a first year CHL player is not unusual, or unexpected, and really shouldn’t be held against Gauthier. It happens to many 17 year olds who are playing more games, and more intense games than they’ve ever played before in a season, and the endurance needs to be built up. Still it was an impressive year, and with 60 points in 62 games, Gauthier gained the attention of scouts everywhere, and earned a place on the QMJHL all-rookie team.

spikelechien

Jan 8, 2007
Braeshore
He's smart. He's big. He can skate. He's obviously versatile. The only question is offensive upside.

For whatever reason, likely simply the fatigue caused by the long schedule in his rookie season, Freddy lost his Mojo and kind of sleep walked through the last part of the regular season and playoffs.

In fact Freddy really didn't regain his Mojo until the semi-finals and gold medal game of the U18 World's. But when he did, it was all Freddy - offense, defense, penalty kill, face-off, last minute. Connor McDavid may have been the best player on Team Canada prior to to the semis but when the semis came, it was Freddy who was Team Canada's best player. Scouts who were will remember that come June, Freddy is going very, very high. Good job, Freddy!!!

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
That is true. He woke up in the semis and finals. He led team Canada offensively in the big games. Mcdavid was not effective against the Russians or the us team when it mattered.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Top 15.

Why no hype? :dunno:

To be fair in the team by team forum mock draft that one guy was doing the Jets fans took him at 13th. Him and Zadorov tied after a couple hundred votes or so and Gauthier won a one voter tiebreak. So his name is definitely out there.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Yeah but he seems to go underappreciated. I'd love to nab him.

Gauthier is not underappreciated. If anything he is over appreciated.

hqdefault.jpg

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
He's the most likely centre to drop to Torontos spot (out of Lazar, Horvat, Wennberg, Domi, and Gauthier).

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Some GM has Gauthier locked up in the top 14.

The more and more I read, I find it difficult to believe he'll get out of the top-15. He's a heady player to go along with that size and raw ability. While his offensive upside is a question mark, it's his only question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad