C Elias Pettersson - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 5th, VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Great showing in the U20 tournament. 3+4 in 3 games.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's signed with a team that plays in Allsvenskan which is the perfect league for him to develop this season. Kid looks great, got some sick tools.

Hopefully Patrick is ready to go for WJC's will be interesting to see how the two of them play in the same tournament.

Stompa

Nov 4, 2016
Im calling top 3 in the draft.

Hes been looking so good. Already acting very mature both on and off ice.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
No idea how most lists have him as a late 1st - I think even one list (ISS?) did not even have him round 1 recently.

Looks like a top 10 pick to me.

Edit - HP.com has him 10th in the list they just released tonight.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
No idea how most lists have him as a late 1st - I think even one list (ISS?) did not even have him round 1 recently.

Looks like a top 10 pick to me.

Edit - HP.com has him 10th in the list they just released tonight.
I have a feeling he's going to be one the divisive prospects of this draft. HP has been high on him for awhile, so I'm not too shocked they have him at 10.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Another two assists today in a 2-1 win and now has 20 points in 19 GP.

His TOI/GP is 14:45 if anyone's interested.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If he keeps this up then he should definitely be in the running for going 1st overall.

I think the WJC's will be his major proving ground. As of now he isn't even in most top 10's. He's going to have to really upstage Patrick at the WJC's to be in contention for first overall I think. Think he is starting to pop onto peoples radars though. I have him at #6 right now. Behind Patrick, Liljegren, Hischier, Vilardi and Yamamoto.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Nah, I see him more as a mid 1st rounder. Lots of skill but too many questionmarks.

The crazy thing is if Backstrom goes 4th to Johnson, Staal and Toews, I think this kid is really going to have to prove himself. He'll have to have a hell of a WJC to get any mention of going 1st overall.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Nah, I see him more as a mid 1st rounder. Lots of skill but too many questionmarks.
I think he goes lottery (most likely top 10) because at least one team will fall in love while believing the skating and size can be fixed and will gamble on high-end IQ. From the highlights, I've seen, I could see some teams getting hesitant on his shot due to his lack of strength. He seems to have decent power and accuracy but can take a bit on the release sometimes to generate the required power. He's putting up numbers that will make him hard to ignore for top 10 teams.

Where has he been playing mostly this year? He seems to have the skills required to play center, but also seems to play all forward positions (which isn't uncommon among Swedish youth players judging by players like the Nylander bros or Lindholm or guys like Zetterberg and Forsberg who were quite versatile in usage). Just looking at his faceoff numbers would lead me to believe he has been primarily deployed as a LWer.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I think the WJC's will be his major proving ground. As of now he isn't even in most top 10's. He's going to have to really upstage Patrick at the WJC's to be in contention for first overall I think. Think he is starting to pop onto peoples radars though. I have him at #6 right now. Behind Patrick, Liljegren, Hischier, Vilardi and Yamamoto.

Yamamoto is probably not a 1st round pick. Not skilled enough for his size. Mittelstadt and Tolvanen both more skilled offensive prospects and more multi-dimensional to boot.

Petterson is an explosive skater, don't know why anyone would question his speed.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yamamoto is probably not a 1st round pick. Not skilled enough for his size. Mittelstadt and Tolvanen both more skilled offensive prospects and more multi-dimensional to boot.

Petterson is an explosive skater, don't know why anyone would question his speed.

If you've seen the kid play enough you'd be thinking differently. On pace for 116 points in a full WHL season. His size will go against him but I think he's damn good and feisty for his size. Every stage this kid touches he torches. 4th in WHL scoring, 5th in WHL PPG, Highest scorer at last years Hlinka, Highest goalscorer at last years U18's and 3rd in points.
He's like a feistier Gaudreau. Highly comparable to Keller IMO.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Petterssons closest (only?) comparable is Filip Forsberg who scored 33 points in 38 games during his 18 yo season. Pettersson is a few months younger then FF at the time and is currently at 20 points in 19 games. Allsvenskan is a pretty low scoring league and Pettersson is tearing it up, if he's keeping this up and still doesn't get picked atleast top 5-10 then some teams are making a huge mistake. He's also doing this at 'just' 14:45 TOI/GM.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Petterssons closest (only?) comparable is Filip Forsberg who scored 33 points in 38 games during his 18 yo season. Pettersson is a few months younger then FF at the time and is currently at 20 points in 19 games. Allsvenskan is a pretty low scoring league and Pettersson is tearing it up, if he's keeping this up and still doesn't get picked atleast top 5-10 then some teams are making a huge mistake. He's also doing this at 'just' 14:45 TOI/GM.

Forsberg scored 17p in 43g in his draft year.

But yeah if Pettersson goes mid first round, than this has to be one good draft year

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Forsberg scored 17p in 43g in his draft year.

But yeah if Pettersson goes mid first round, than this has to be one good draft year

I know, but he scored 33p in his 18 yo year, which is a better comparison. Either way what Pettersson is doing is really impressive and he should go early in the draft if he keeps this up, probably even contend for #1.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I know, but he scored 33p in his 18 yo year, which is a better comparison. Either way what Pettersson is doing is really impressive and he should go early in the draft if he keeps this up, probably even contend for #1.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on that one. If it's true that he is playing the wing a lot more than center there's probably a slim chance he ousts Patrick if he comes back with the same points pace he was at before his injury.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

What the...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad