C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
tbf, it's pretty deserved. They haven't exactly been the poster child for a well run organization recently

It shouldn't be this way. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. They're prospects are graduating to the NHL and they have Michkov. They've gotten rid of Fletcher, my god Chuck Fletcher!

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Philly board is hilarious. A couple fans are mad at Gauthier but a bunch of posters have taken Gauthier scorning them and used it as an excuse to criticize their organization. You would think it would be something that galvanizes the fanbase but no, lol
The Flyers organization has done nothing to endear them to the fanbase over the last decade but it is impossible to talk about the team on hfboard flyers unless you’re bashing the team. I get it as a Flyer fan, but it got old, one-note and repetitive real quick.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
The Flyers organization has done nothing to endear them to the fanbase over the last decade but it is impossible to talk about the team on hfboard flyers unless you’re bashing the team. I get it as a Flyer fan, but it got old, one-note and repetitive real quick.
Ya I get it, I stopped listening to Boston sports radio years ago for this exact reason

Reactions: Gregor Samsa

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If this is really the case he’s really not happy going the forever rebuild Ducks
I mean if you just pay attention a little bit to their team and prospects and don’t put all the focus on wins and losses, any person that can watch a hockey game and have a somewhat intelligent opinion is going to see they are moving in the right direction.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
As a Flyer fan, that thread is pure idiocy....its like they are forgetting we got a Young Stud D man in return...in fact if you go to the trade thread, I would say at least most fans here are saying the Flyers won this trade....seriously my fellow Flyer fans need to grow up....unreal how silly that thread is on the Flyers board.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
As a Flyer fan, that thread is pure idiocy....its like they are forgetting we got a Young Stud D man in return...in fact if you go to the trade thread, I would say at least most fans here are saying the Flyers won this trade....seriously my fellow Flyer fans need to grow up....unreal how silly that thread is on the Flyers board.
Fair trade for sure. Ducks take on more risk with Cutter unsigned and also with a future high 2nd round pick for insurance. This only helps the Ducks go back into tank mode. Is Sustr available? Ducks better get the top pick this year… or Verbeek will try for McKenna.

Reactions: Devonator

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Too much negativity. Too much pessimism. Don’t dare to have any hope. Like I said, the Flyers have been terrible for a decade but things do look brighter than they did a couple years ago. I’m not saying it needs to be all sunshine and rainbows but some posters need to walk away from the team. I don’t get looking to bash the team over every single thing. Seems unhealthy and not a great environment. Literal negadelphia

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Too much negativity. Too much pessimism. Don’t dare to have any hope. Like I said, the Flyers have been terrible for a decade but things do look brighter than they did a couple years ago. I’m not saying it needs to be all sunshine and rainbows but some posters need to walk away from the team. I don’t get looking to bash the team over every single thing. Seems unhealthy and not a great environment. Literal negadelphia
We are going in a good direction....I just hope we tank this year and get another high pick....we got that Super Russian coming over in a couple of years....things are for sure looking much better....as for my fellow Flyer fans on our page, it has become a case of massive group think.....they are like Pavlov dogs frothing at the mouth at the ring of a bell regarding any move the Flyers make....I swear, the Flyers could win the Cup and most of the crew over there would still complain......

Oct 18, 2011
I liked Cutter as a prospect, a little surprising to see the negativity on his game. I think he fits what Anaheim is building in a forward core exceptionally well, he's not going to have to carry a line he's going to compliment someone like McTavish or Carlsson that are going to do that I don't think they envision him being their 3C

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I liked Cutter as a prospect, a little surprising to see the negativity on his game. I think he fits what Anaheim is building in a forward core exceptionally well, he's not going to have to carry a line he's going to compliment someone like McTavish or Carlsson that are going to do that I don't think they envision him being their 3C

Agree, however he would look good next to Z as well. EIther way, gives the Ducks a potetially top 6, versatile forward with a great shot. There are now 4 “C”s under 23 in Z, Mac, Leo, and Gauthier with most of them having experience and success at the wing(albeit at lower levels).

Oct 18, 2011
Agree, however he would look good next to Z as well. EIther way, gives the Ducks a potetially top 6, versatile forward with a great shot. There are now 4 “C”s under 23 in Z, Mac, Leo, and Gauthier with most of them having experience and success at the wing(albeit at lower levels).
Anaheim is stacking themselves at center and have guys who can play wing, we will have another high pick in this draft to either add a dynamic forward or dman talent and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds before making any other trades. We are set up to make moves, in my vision I do picture Gauthier paired with McTavish but if he needs a set up man Carlsson works also

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
If you can make sure Drysdale stays healthy, he's a treat to watch and will make you forget all about losing a high-end prospect. But you can't, and I guess that's why we had to add.

Not sure who he would bump out of the D pairings for the Flyers - he doesn't play LD.

Reactions: Kalv

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Flyers had two major needs heading into last year’s draft — RHD and center. They began addressing the right side with Bonk (a very good prospect but more steady than spectacular) and the later picks, but they have not drafted a top-end center prospect since 2017.

Gauthier, who was drafted as a wing, was not as good as expected at the WJC and he has not been a pass-friendly center at BC this season. They have two first-round picks this year in a draft loaded with right defensemen, so a likely course of action is convince Michkov to play center (his playmaking and vision is well ahead of Gauthier’s but it’s not his natural position) and draft a potential 1C this year to replace Gauthier in the depth chart.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
As a PHI fan who follows the draft closely, I’d say Drysdale is more naturally skilled but no prospect or U20 player other than maybe Fantilli has a better athletic toolkit.

If he sticks at C think he could be a really good 2C or lower case 1. If he stays on the wing, which seems more likely in ANA, think he can be a 40 goal winger alongside their other young forwards. Great get for ANA.

As for Cutter, maybe I’m a little salty right now but completely ignoring PHI and acting like a diva speaks volumes to his current character.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Anyone have any idea why he didn't want to play in Philly?

I would have understood if it was Ottawa or Arizona for example, but Philly being a big market and all this is a bit weird to me.
Have you ever been to Philly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad