C Conor Geekie - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 11th, ARI; traded to TBL)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Ya the kid is gonna sky rocket in all rankings as the season goes on. I wouldn't doubt if he cracks the top 5 by mid season rankings come out

I know everyone loves Savoie, but I think Geekie passes him in rankings eventually and is taken before him. My prediction!!
Or he'll be top 5 and ahead of Savoie from the get go on Bobs list haha

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
How does he compare to Dach or Draisaitl or Cozens?
All are slightly different in strength and weakness but are on similar levels. Geekie doesn't have the skating question Draisaitl had but not quite as high IQ. Dach is the closest skill wise but Geekie imposes his size better while Dachs puck skills are slightly better. I'd have those 3 even with Cozens behind them, I personally had Krebs over Cozens but injury made him fall.

Not a WHL player but liked the Eric Staal comp someone made before. We will finally see how he's progressed over the summer tonight vs Brandon.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

Should be credited with a assist on the ice 4th goal also as he stole the puck and centered it, see if they fix it. Ice are dominating and Geekie could easily have a couple helpers but a couple posts.

Reactions: Dominance

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I find it weird how he’s a mid 1st rounder on so many top analyst lists. He’s got a lot of skill, he’s a legit 6’4” power centre, he had a really good D-1 season, and is off to a hot start in his draft year. When I watch the Ice I see 1C upside, someone mentioned Eric Staal and I like that comp. I continue to think he’s got a good shot to be a top 5 pick.

NHL GMs love big centres with well rounded games. People keeping being surprised with how high guys like Mason McTavish, Kirby Dach, Kotka, PLD, Scheifele, etc. go, but they shouldn’t be. Seems like almost every year there’s a big, well rounded centre going significantly higher than analysts predict, this year I think it’ll be Geekie (that, or he’ll simply rise on analyst lists by draft day).

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I find it weird how he’s a mid 1st rounder on so many top analyst lists. He’s got a lot of skill, he’s a legit 6’4” power centre, he had a really good D-1 season, and is off to a hot start in his draft year. When I watch the Ice I see 1C upside, someone mentioned Eric Staal and I like that comp. I continue to think he’s got a good shot to be a top 5 pick.

NHL GMs love big centres with well rounded games. People keeping being surprised with how high guys like Mason McTavish, Kirby Dach, Kotka, PLD, Scheifele, etc. go, but they shouldn’t be. Seems like almost every year there’s a big, well rounded centre going significantly higher than analysts predict, this year I think it’ll be Geekie (that, or he’ll simply rise on analyst lists by draft day).

I think he will rise just like some OHL guys not named Wright.

Last season was kind of a lost season and I think the lists reflect that as the scouting services don't have all of the data and viewings that they normally would so lists are going to be different than in "normal" years.

Reactions: ponder

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I’ve watched all but one of his games so far. This is a very special prospect. Hope my Yotes end up with him when they lose the draft lottery. Dylan Guenther and Conor Geekie would be a heckuva way to kick off a rebuild.
I felt the same way about Geekie this cycle as I did about Stutzle... I was praying for my Wings to end up with him when we inevitably lost the lottery but he flew up the draft boards after having a stellar season. He has an extremely coveted combination of size and skill and plays a game that should translate to C if all things go well. Geekie and Raymond would be some pretty good building blocks for us too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad