C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
As much as I want McDavid, the Oilers don't deserve another 1st OA pick. It would be good if Pheonix got him

Oh yeah cause Phoenix has been such a great NHL franchise with such a devoted fanbase over the years. Yeah they really deserve a player like McDavid over a Canadian franchise.

Give your head a shake!

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Oh yeah cause Phoenix has been such a great NHL franchise with such a devoted fanbase over the years. Yeah they really deserve a player like McDavid over a Canadian franchise.

Give your head a shake!

I don't see how a Canadian franchise is more deserving than an American one, I'm fine with him going to Arizona if it could help grow the game in that area, would be fantastic imo but I'm not an elitist and obviously want the game to grow all over the world.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Give your head a shake!

Phoenix has iced a competitive team for years prior to this past season. They were never elite, but they were a very tough team to play against for years, and even made it to the WCF only a couple of years ago. They definitely deserve it over bottom dwelling franchises like Edmonton.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I don't see how a Canadian franchise is more deserving than an American one, I'm fine with him going to Arizona if it could help grow the game in that area, would be fantastic imo but I'm not an elitist and obviously want the game to grow all over the world.

The best place for mcdavid would be Ottawa. Ottawa is the weakest market for the Canadian teams and would make much more of a difference in revenue than arizona

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
The best place for mcdavid would be Ottawa. Ottawa is the weakest market for the Canadian teams and would make much more of a difference in revenue than arizona

tumblr_n3f1g4M5xL1smcbm7o1_250.gif

dwanmaster*

Ottawa could only grow so much. Lot more potential for growth in Arizona

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
I'm sticking to my word, I actually think he can score 75-80 pts next year.
It'll be a 20/25 goal - 50/55 assist year though, he'll obviously have way more assists.

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
As for location...I seriously hope he doesn't go to Edmonton or Buffalo. Kind of want to see him in Phoenix or Toronto (I know, I know both are awful choices)

But with Phoenix, he'll be playing alongside Max Domi and with the Leafs he'll be bringing back the Franchise player playing on a Canadian Team, something we haven't had in a while.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
As for location...I seriously hope he doesn't go to Edmonton or Buffalo. Kind of want to see him in Phoenix or Toronto (I know, I know both are awful choices)

But with Phoenix, he'll be playing alongside Max Domi and with the Leafs he'll be bringing back the Franchise player playing on a Canadian Team, something we haven't had in a while.

Ya..no to Toronto, they are just as poorly run as Edmonton. I would support Ottawa, but Winnipeg would be great location. Next solid upcoming team. They would become an instant cup contender with him (and Hutchinson another year older)

A core of: Petan/Ehlers/Trouba/Mcdavid/Morrisey/Scheifle is tremendous, plus Kane/Little/Buff/Bogosian/Ladd... yikes

From an outsiders perspective, they've built a great team through the draft and its time to sack Cheveldayoff in 1 or 2 years for a more active GM (Chevy is great at drafting but way to passive at trading)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Didn't look great vs Kingston. He's still getting pushed around a bit too easily. That said, when he gets a little bit of free ice, watch out.

mjd

Mar 19, 2010
Brockville
Not taking anything from McDavid, but I'm getting a little frustrated? Disappointed? With these continuous 1 pt games, its not really helping his Crosby-like draft stock. Lol
With 69 points in 27 games, if we see more of the "First Half McDavid) it puts him on pace for roughly 120 points thru 47-48 games.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Give your head a shake!

A bit harsh, no?

McDavid has the potential to turn a lackadaisical market into a huge fanbase. That is the power of a franchise player.

With that in mind, it is easy to argue struggling markets are more "deserving" than a team with a devoted fanbase.

IMO opinion the only struggling TEAM I dont want to see get McDavid is Edmonton because they have had so many high picks already.

Of course every fan want their team to win the lottery and draft him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
A bit harsh, no?

McDavid has the potential to turn a lackadaisical market into a huge fanbase. That is the power of a franchise player.

With that in mind, it is easy to argue struggling markets are more "deserving" than a team with a devoted fanbase.

IMO opinion the only struggling TEAM I dont want to see get McDavid is Edmonton because they have had so many high picks already.

Of course every fan want their team to win the lottery and draft him.

I don't think deserving is the right word.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Ya..no to Toronto, they are just as poorly run as Edmonton. I would support Ottawa, but Winnipeg would be great location. Next solid upcoming team. They would become an instant cup contender with him (and Hutchinson another year older)

A core of: Petan/Ehlers/Trouba/Mcdavid/Morrisey/Scheifle is tremendous, plus Kane/Little/Buff/Bogosian/Ladd... yikes

From an outsiders perspective, they've built a great team through the draft and its time to sack Cheveldayoff in 1 or 2 years for a more active GM (Chevy is great at drafting but way to passive at trading)

How can we win the draft lottery if we're in the playoffs :handclap: :towel:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Notable NCAA players in their draft year:

Jack Eichel - 23 GP, 15 G, 25 A, 40 PTS (1.74 PPG)
Zach Parise - 39 GP, 26 G, 35 A, 61 PTS (1.56 PPG)
Dany Heatley - 38 GP, 28 G, 28 A, 56 PTS (1.47 PPG)
Thomas Vanek - 45 GP, 31 G, 31 A, 62 PTS (1.38 PPG)
Phil Kessel - 39 GP, 18 G, 33 A, 51 PTS (1.31 PPG)
Jonathan Toews - 42 GP, 22 G, 17 A, 39 PTS (0.93 PPG)

First CHL player taken in their draft year (last 8 seasons):

Connor McDavid - 27 GP, 24 G, 45 A, 69 PTS (2.56 PPG)
John Tavares - 56 GP, 58 GP, 46 A, 104 PTS (1.86 PPG)
Taylor Hall - 57 GP, 40 G, 66 A, 106 PTS (1.86 PPG)
Sam Reinhart - 60 GP, 36 G, 69 A, 105 PTS (1.75 PPG)
Steven Stamkos - 61 GP, 58 G, 47 A, 105 PTS (1.72 PPG)
Nathan MacKinnon - 44 GP, 32 G, 43 A, 75 PTS (1.70 PPG)
Nail Yakupov - 42 GP, 31 G, 38 A, 69 PTS (1.64 PPG)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 69 GP, 31 G, 75 A, 106 PTS (1.54 PPG)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
ncaa>>>>ohl
My point is that McDavid is making Tavares look bad with his production and Tavares is a top 10 forward in the NHL.

I think the NCAA is overrated anyways. If you are physically mature it shouldn't be a problem to produce, Eichel is physically mature. Gaudreau teared that league apart and he's like 5'9 and 150 pounds.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013

Give your head a shake!

Over a Canadian franchise? Could be argued. Over the Oilers? Yes most certainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad