C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Agree with chpwda and Duul he looked nervous as hell today. Made some smart plays his speed even against NHLers (not calgary A lineup) is unreal, felt Teddy held that line back big time tonight it looked much better with Draisaitl on it.

Get the feeling he is the type of player who is going to put up a couple points a game and leave you wanting more, his unreal skating mixed with his hockey smarts is gonna make for so many chances for his teammates which of course will not all be capitalize on.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Draisaitl - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - McDavid - Hall
Yakupov - Lander - Purcell

That's probably how I'd that up. Let MAP provide net front presence for 97, insulate Draisaitl with a strong pair. Give Yak and Purcell a chance together.

MAP is back?! oh noooooo

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He said in the post game presser this was the second most nervous he's been for a game in his life, the first was his first game in the OHL.

He's human after all.

Still had 2 assists and was the 1st star of the game, lol.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Agree with chpwda and Duul he looked nervous as hell today. Made some smart plays his speed even against NHLers (not calgary A lineup) is unreal, felt Teddy held that line back big time tonight it looked much better with Draisaitl on it.

Get the feeling he is the type of player who is going to put up a couple points a game and leave you wanting more, his unreal skating mixed with his hockey smarts is gonna make for so many chances for his teammates which of course will not all be capitalize on.

Crazy speed You're right, unreal

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

I think he's gonna have to adjust to not being able to skate around everyone all the time. He's still going to be among the fastest guys in the league, but if he's coming down on a top pairing dman, he's going to have to adjust to taking better angles and picking his spots.

But the guy can beat you in so many ways, namely with the pass. He's going to be among the best in the game at pushing back defenders with his speed and pulling up to hit the late man. I get the feeling that his linemates will have to get used to getting passes when they don't expect it. It's an adjustment you see with a lot of great playmakers. Happens to Crosby whenever he gets a new linemate, and it happened to Gaudreau last year (ask Jiri Hudler!)

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see 97 hit the 45 assist mark this year.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
Yeah, there will definitely be an adjustment period as he learns what does and doesn't work at this level, but he is smart and hard working so he'll figure it out quickly. There was one play I remember where he got a step on the d-man and tried to beat him wide - he almost got by but was stopped at the last second. In junior that would've easily been a clean break.

His play away from the puck was surprisingly good. In junior the whole game plan for Erie was to get him the puck in flight since the offense on his line was all about him, so he wasn't expected to play much defense. So far in camp he has been playing much more within the system and looking perfectly capable of playing good D.

According to the stat sheet it looks like he played better after Hall was off his line, but I can't say for sure since the Oilers still apparently use technology from 1996 for their streams.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
It was obvious he was extremely nervous last night. 1st and 2nd period he panicked with the puck a bit, and seemed so get it together in the 3rd. Not worried at all, cant wait till he starts carrying the puck.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I don't think there is any chance McDavid doesn't play C. Drai is far far far more likely to play wing. If he plays top 6(unlikely) it will probably be

Hall - McDavid - Yakupov
Draisaitl - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - Lander - Purcell

That could turn out to be a disgusting top-six...lucky buggers :)

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I want to see

Hall - McDavid - Draisaitl
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Slepyshev - Lander - Yakupov
Hendricks - Letestu - Korpikoski

Purcell is a bum..

Anyways, McDavid with a couple points in his debut should get better as he becomes more comfortable.

Getzlafoutloud

Sep 15, 2015
I want to see

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle

Purcell is a bum..

Anyways, McDavid with a couple points in his debut should get better as he becomes more comfortable.

todd m has some tough decisions but if he doesn't figure out line combinations that get yak some points and confidence they should just trade him now. I thought he had it figured with the lander-drais yak line but that top line looked so much better when they added drais and dropped purcell

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I want to see

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle

Purcell is a bum..

Eventually (not to start the season), I think it will boil down to this:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Yakupov - McDavid - Draisaitl

Last night's game confirmed the chemistry concerns I have with Hall and McDavid. There isn't enough puck to go around for the two of them.

Yakupov is more of a trigger man than Hall which fits better with both McDavid and Draisaitl (who had very good chemistry together).

Aceonfire*

Eventually (not to start the season), I think it will boil down to this:

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Yakupov - McDavid - Draisaitl

Last night's game confirmed the chemistry concerns I have with Hall and McDavid. There isn't enough puck to go around for the two of them.

Yakupov is more of a trigger man than Hall which fits better with both McDavid and Draisaitl (who had very good chemistry together).

Well as of today the lines are..

Hall-McDavid-Draisaitl
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Korpi-Lander-Yakupov
Klink-Letestu-Hendricks

Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Ference-Gryba
Reinhart-Nikitin

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton

Hall-McDavid-Draisaitl
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Korpi-Lander-Yakupov
Klink-Letestu-Hendricks

Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Ference-Gryba
Reinhart-Nikitin

Yeah they are going to give Hall every opportunity to develop chemistry with McDavid as they should.

I just think Hall has better chemistry with RNH and Eberle and I suspect McDavid will gel better with a pure shooter like Yakupov.

Time will tell.

Jun 9, 2011
Poor Reinhart. Can't wait for Reinhart Nurse or something.

I also think Yak would do well with McD and Drai, but then what do we do with Hall.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Poor Reinhart. Can't wait for Reinhart Nurse or something.

I also think Yak would do well with McD and Drai, but then what do we do with Hall.

Play him with RNH and Eberle, where he's had all his success.

Pouliot is better suited for a third line role than any of Hall, Draisaitl, or Yakupov over the long term.

But there will always be a lot of movement between the three lines.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Pou-Nuge-Ebs
Hall- Mcdavid- Dr. Drai
Purcell-Lander-Yak

Is what I'd go with.

Need an upgrade on Purcell. Maybe someone like Slepyshev but not sure he's ready.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Play him with RNH and Eberle, where he's had all his success.

Pouliot is better suited for a third line role than any of Hall, Draisaitl, or Yakupov over the long term.

But there will always be a lot of movement between the three lines.

Pouliot Nuge Eberle was our best line by far last year and had great chemistry. I'm so sick of the Pouliot hate. He's been one of our most consistant forwards and compliments those 2 very well.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Pouliot Nuge Eberle was our best line by far last year and had great chemistry. I'm so sick of the Pouliot hate. He's been one of our most consistant forwards and compliments those 2 very well.

There's no Pouliot hate from me. He is a very useful hockey player.

Pouliot-RNH-Eberle was effective but who is to say a line of Hall-RNH-Eberle wouldn't have been more effective if Hall stayed healthy?

There are a lot of moving parts here and I am sure the wingers are going to shift quite a bit around McDavid, RNH, and Lander for the foreseeable future.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Hall-McDavid-Draisaitl
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Korpi-Lander-Yakupov
Klink-Letestu-Hendricks

Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Ference-Gryba
Reinhart-Nikitin

McLellan stuffed Purcell into a cannon, and shot him into the Sun I presume. Good thinkin' coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad