C Bo Horvat (2013, 9th overall, Vancouver)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
Please leave him with the Knights next season :)

Ideally, but judging by our cap situation and Gillis saying that we're gonna use a couple rookies next year , I think it's a real possibility he plays with the big club. At least for the 9 games anyways.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Ideally, but judging by our cap situation and Gillis saying that we're gonna use a couple rookies next year , I think it's a real possibility he plays with the big club. At least for the 9 games anyways.

He and Gaunce are gonna be given a chance of making the team.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Please leave him with the Knights next season :)

He probably will be.

Yeah I think we have Schroeder & Gaunce in line for the 3rd line center spot ahead of him though, I think Schroeder will end up with it.

member 105785

That is interesting projection as Richards was cited in 2003 as being a prospect who was a smart, crafty player.

While he is, I think Horvat will peak as a more cerebral player than Richards, maybe not as good in other areas but I've seen him be able to think the game at a very high level, he knows where to be and where to put the puck.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Pierre McGuire said that he spoke with one assistant GM who had Horvat ranked #4 ahead of Barkov.

B A T M A N*

Jun 29, 2013
Vancouver
Pierre McGuire said that he spoke with one assistant GM who had Horvat ranked #4 ahead of Barkov.

That GM should be fired. Feaster had Poirier as a top 10 player and Jankowski as the best player in the draft. One (assistant) GMs deluded opinion means nothing.

IMO Horvat needs at least 2 seasons in the OHL. I'd say 1 OHL and 1 AHL, but the NHL is dumb for not allowing that.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
That GM should be fired. Feaster had Poirier as a top 10 player and Jankowski as the best player in the draft. One (assistant) GMs deluded opinion means nothing.

IMO Horvat needs at least 2 seasons in the OHL. I'd say 1 OHL and 1 AHL, but the NHL is dumb for not allowing that.

Multiple Teams had him ranked 5-6. GIllis said he had Gm's coming up to him on the draft floor saying the pick was a steal.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013

calgary had galchenyuk as the best player in the draft stop spreading bs rumors

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
He wasn't even PPG last year, he's DEFINITELY not NHL ready, unless you want to groom him into a 3rd liner.

To be honest have you even watched him play. Stats don't tell the whole story with Horvat. At 17 he was London's first shutdown centre playing against every OHL team's best lines. He does everything, which is why coaches love him. He should be playing in the NHL by the 2014-2015 season.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Someone's butt hurt that we didn't take Nichuskin or traded Schneider. :laugh:

No, I think the point is that how was a player ranked between 12th and 15th by certain major scouting organizations considered a steal when said player was drafted 9th. I imagine for Canuck fans it is great to think that you nabbed the next Kesler, Bergeron, Backes, Richards, etc... with your pick, but if the kid was guaranteed to reach that level (elite NHL star center) he probably would not have been ranked or picked so low. Horvat probably has just as good of chance of being the next Brassard, Brule, Sutter, Wilson, etc... as he does the players above.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
No, I think the point is that how was a player ranked between 12th and 15th by certain major scouting organizations considered a steal when said player was drafted 9th. I imagine for Canuck fans it is great to think that you nabbed the next Kesler, Bergeron, Backes, Richards, etc... with your pick, but if the kid was guaranteed to reach that level (elite NHL star center) he probably would not have been ranked or picked so low. Horvat probably has just as good of chance of being the next Brassard, Brule, Sutter, Wilson, etc... as he does the players above.
No many think he is more a sure thing.

Even if he isn't one of those guys he won't bust out like that he will just be a mid lineup two-way guy.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

We talkin' crazy old cout Feaster or about Horvat?

To me Horvat is a fine pick at 9. I know the Sens loved him and wanted to move up into the top 10 to take him.

Poirier at 10 really? :amazed:

B A T M A N*

Jun 29, 2013
Vancouver
We talkin' crazy old cout Feaster or about Horvat?

To me Horvat is a fine pick at 9. I know the Sens loved him and wanted to move up into the top 10 to take him.

Poirier at 10 really? :amazed:

Yeah, Feaster said that they nabbed two players that were in their top 10 after they drafted Poirier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad