C Bo Horvat (2013, 9th overall, Vancouver) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Question: I think I remember either Bob Mac or Pierre McGuire at the draft state that one team had him as high as 4 on their list... (might have that number wrong). If I heard him/them correctly, did any of you figure out, or have a good idea as to which team that might have been?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Question: I think I remember either Bob Mac or Pierre McGuire at the draft state that one team had him as high as 4 on their list... (might have that number wrong). If I heard him/them correctly, did any of you figure out, or have a good idea as to which team that might have been?

I'm pretty sure it was Carolina.

Not 100% though.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Ya most people speculated that the team was Carolina.

Here is the video clip of Pierre saying it: https://youtu.be/46SpzgHkHY0?t=54s

Edit: So actually it was probably a team below the Canucks because Pierre said, "If they had been picking at 4, they would have taken him." Seems like a team that was picking lower.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
that pass was $$$

Horvat's rush to draw a penalty in the first was the most impressive thing he's done so far in the playoffs IMO. Just goes to show how much he's improved his skating, I'm trying to be as realistic as possible with Bo, but he just keeps on exceeding my expectations.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Prob gonna end up being top 3-5 player outta 2013 draft and in the top half of NHL Centers with a good comparable being Toews.

Hes so much better than expected and MUCH faster, although, hea prob dropped about 10-15 pounds apparently

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Give it time and this statement will look silly. Fairly confident that Galchenyuk will become the better NHL. Both great but Alex is in a tier just ahead of Monahan

In a tier ahead of a guy who scored more than 30 goals and put up over 60 points as a 20 year old? What tier is this that you speak of? Monahan has been incredible this year.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Horvst looked great in the Flames series - about the only Canucks forward besides the Sedins who did.

He gives the Canucks a really nice piece to build their future around.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Prob gonna end up being top 3-5 player outta 2013 draft and in the top half of NHL Centers with a good comparable being Toews.

Hes so much better than expected and MUCH faster, although, hea prob dropped about 10-15 pounds apparently

He actually gained weight and speed as the season went on.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Tied for the team scoring lead in his first playoffs without any PP time and 10-12mins a game. From the little I saw in the series he certainly wasn't out of place and looked dangerous and quiet a few rushes to the outside.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
It's crazy that he's arguably been more of an impact player in the NHL playoffs than he was in the OHL playoffs and Memorial Cup this time last year. He's gotten a lot faster but talk about translating your game well to the next level. Dangling NHL defensemen the same way he did to juniors.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
As a Leaf fan I didn't really get to watch him throughout the year but I was really impressed with Horvat in the games I've watched (few reg season and playoffs).

He must of worked very hard on his skating, it's become a great plus for him now. I've also noticed he has good vision as well.

Canucks got a good one in him, I think his potential is higher then originally thought because of his skating.

Thad Castle

Jun 30, 2014
no, he lost weight thru his training, thats how he gained the speed lol

You're wrong lol

BY IAIN MACINTYRE, VANCOUVER SUN COLUMNIST MARCH 12, 2015
VANCOUVER — Since his season began, Bo Horvat has added five pounds to his broad frame, increasing his weight to 220 pounds while lowering his body fat index, and has gained a full step on the ice.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan100a good comparable being Toews.

Let's be realistic .

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
You're wrong lol

How did he manage to gain weight during the season? I was under the impression that every player lost weight through the season. He'd have to eat like 2 whole chickens and a gallon of milk a day.

Horvat lived up to the pre-series hype (once you cut out the "should be nominated for the calder" hyperbole) and is looking like the kind of stud you build a team around.

e: I see I have been ninja edited, well played, sir. Holy crap, he must have been having brown rice nightmares, that is crazy.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was not the biggest Horvat fan as a junior but I can't believe how much faster he is this season. He was the most dangerous explosive Canuck IMO.

I thought Horvat, Bennett, and Lowry all had (have had), great playoffs series for rookies not nominated for the Calder.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Give it time and this statement will look silly. Fairly confident that Galchenyuk will become the better NHL. Both great but Alex is in a tier just ahead of Monahan

LOL the younger Monahan outscored him every year by a fair margin but magically with time he will be better....

OK...whatever

Back to Horvat, I dont think he has the goal scoring skill of Monahan. But he will be a very good 2nd line center

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
How did he manage to gain weight during the season? I was under the impression that every player lost weight through the season. He'd have to eat like 2 whole chickens and a gallon of milk a day.

Horvat lived up to the pre-series hype (once you cut out the "should be nominated for the calder" hyperbole) and is looking like the kind of stud you build a team around.

e: I see I have been ninja edited, well played, sir. Holy crap, he must have been having brown rice nightmares, that is crazy.

He hit the weight room almost every day after he made the Canucks. He probably never worked out with weights before. A daily workout for someone who never did weights before can easily add 10-20 pounds of muscle in a month without bulking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad