C Bo Horvat (2013, 9th overall, Vancouver) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He's Bergeron lite. So underated. Well except for some people who think he's better than Mackinnon....

Or think his likely outcome is a more offensive Manny Malhotra (what does that mean, a staggering 15 goals in a career year??). The polarization runs both ways, it's hypocritical to speak like it only runs in one direction.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I gotta say, as a Flames fan living in Vancouver, I really like Horvat, and I think he makes the Canucks more likeable. Now excuse me as I go brush my teeth with bleach.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I gotta say, as a Flames fan living in Vancouver, I really like Horvat, and I think he makes the Canucks more likeable. Now excuse me as I go brush my teeth with bleach.

Ya, I've always tried to separate my dislike of teams from players. I dislike the Flames (as I do any div rival) but I think Monahan, Giordano, and Gaudreau are fantastic players. Hell, lil Johhny is helping me win my hockey pool so I'm usually cheering for him almost as much as any Canuck (almost).

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Zero points in last nine games...

Also averages about two fantastic scoring chances a game (whether its his own shot or a play that he's made) while maintaining great shutdown defensive play. I dont think he's been as great on faceoffs last few games though, Lowry shredded him in the Jets game and he didnt win one against Kopitar in the last period that I saw.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Playing an increasing role in shutting down the other team's top players, taking key defensive zone draws and playing in all situations including late in the game.
Not too worried about the points. This kid has had an amazing year.
Going to be a great shutdown 2C in a year or two. Can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

He's been playing well, his sh% was due to come back down to earth. His line was the 2nd best line for us last night in a playoff-type game against the LA Kings.

It's hard to find anything negative about this guy.

MilanKraft*

People really get excited about 30 point players these days...

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Playing 10 min a game, no PP time, great defensively, and noticeable every single night.

Put him on the #1 PP unit in 2/3 years and give him 18/20 min, and he will drop 60 easily.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Well its all about usage really. If a player is playing bottom 6 minutes non sheltered and doesn't get much PP time then 30 points in a season is worth getting excited about IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad