C Auston Matthews - ZSC Lions, NLA (2016 Draft) III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Most of the year I thought this was completely impossible to have Matthews be an option for the Leafs to draft.

I'm just going to read this whole darn thread now.

Falcons93

Nov 30, 2008
I already peered into a draft threads, I think think we will start seeing laine>matthews soon after the draft

:laugh: The usual suspects have already started saying it. No worries, it'll be the same as the Marner/Strome polls.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Easily the top center prospect since Lindros. His game is a combo of Sakic and Forsberg to me. With a hint of Mario. Art Ross next season isn't a radical idea.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Easily the top center prospect since Lindros. His game is a combo of Sakic and Forsberg to me. With a hint of Mario. Art Ross next season isn't a radical idea.

Lol dude... remember that center who was drafter first overall last year?

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
One thing you have to think about is the absence of bad habits. He's had a great teacher in Stanley Cup winning coach in Crow and now he's going to be coached by another Stanley Cup winning coach and top tier in Mike Babcock.

Auston will be guided by some of the best hockey minds in both pre and post draft.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012

Keep on overhyping him.. Can't wait for the Leaf fall from grace. Can't wait!!!!!!!!:yo:

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Keep on overhyping him.. Can't wait for the Leaf fall from grace. Can't wait!!!!!!!!:yo:

I don't know if you've noticed yet, but the Leafs future core is Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Rielly

You might have to wait a good 10+ years to wait for that fall from grace :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Next Sam Gagner..................

But seriously, this kid may be the best all-around center to enter the draft in a long time (Barkov is comparable). Obviously McDavid is the best talent. I'd say tier wise since the Lindros draft in regards to center's there is tier 1 (Lindros, Crosby, McDavid), tier 2 (Daigle, Thornton, Lecavalier, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Mackinnon, Eichel, Matthews).

This is a massive win for the Leafs, truly a building block. Actually ideal situation for the Leafs, allows Nylander to be used in a very offensive role like Blackhawks use Kane, and now Matthews can be used in the do everything Center role like Toews, or closer to how Kopitar and Bergeron are used. Now, I can't wait for the draft to happen.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Next Sam Gagner..................

But seriously, this kid may be the best all-around center to enter the draft in a long time (Barkov is comparable). Obviously McDavid is the best talent. I'd say tier wise since the Lindros draft in regards to center's there is tier 1 (Lindros, Crosby, McDavid), tier 2 (Daigle, Thornton, Lecavalier, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Mackinnon, Eichel, Matthews).

This is a massive win for the Leafs, truly a building block. Actually ideal situation for the Leafs, allows Nylander to be used in a very offensive role like Blackhawks use Kane, and now Matthews can be used in the do everything Center role like Toews, or closer to how Kopitar and Bergeron are used. Now, I can't wait for the draft to happen.

:laugh:

Get ready. We're going to hear that a lot. Kadri, Nylander, Marner and now Matthews. All "the next Gagner" lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad