C Auston Matthews - ZSC Lions, NLA (2016 Draft) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
With his future? He will be sat out as long as necessary for it to heal. Swiss league can live without him as far as I am concerned. Better he be ready for the draft.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
With his future? He will be sat out as long as necessary for it to heal. Swiss league can live without him as far as I am concerned. Better he be ready for the draft.

Yeah I think that's the reason he's gonna be out 'for weeks'. Playing it safe. It would be absolutely tragic for top talent to aggravate a minor back injury into something serious.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's going to be a Leaf for a very long time. Our future is so bright I'm blind.
Yeah, at best we have a 75% chance of not getting him, praying it doesn't happen but I foresee a lot of leafs fans going full Tim Murray on lotto night.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Does he play CHL games? Would be an actual reason to watch one. Tappara / Kärpät (Laine/Puljujärvi) vs Matthews.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Does he play CHL games? Would be an actual reason to watch one. Tappara / Kärpät (Laine/Puljujärvi) vs Matthews.

Zurich lost to Sparta Praha in the first playoff round. If they had won, they'd be playing against Kärpät right now. Matthews played in two CHL games this season, I suppose they were those two games.

Last edited:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why would any team with the 1st overall pick (I.e. rebuilding) want Buff and Ladd?

Exactly, if Buff and Ladd are your best players, chances are you are not winning the Cup. They were deemed expendable and Chicago won two more Cups without them.

Matthews is like Toews/Kane/Keith etc. Buff and Ladd are secondary players you need on a good team, not the core.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Exactly, if Buff and Ladd are your best players, chances are you are not winning the Cup. They were deemed expendable and Chicago won two more Cups without them.

Matthews is like Toews/Kane/Keith etc. Buff and Ladd are secondary players you need on a good team, not the core.

Buff/Ladd are better players today than they were when they won with Chicago.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Buff/Ladd are better players today than they were when they won with Chicago.

That might be true but that doesn't mean they are good enough to be the two best players on a Cup winning team and definitely not worth Auston Matthews.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That article was beyond dumb and the site should of thrown out the article if thy have any intent on being credible. If Buff and Ladd re-sign they will get NMC's and won't accept a trade to a bottom feeder. Also resigning guys then trading them sends a terrible message to player and agents, and Winnipeg doesn't need anymore reasons for players to avoid it. If the leafs have the 1st the only things I would want are Trouba and Ehlers. The amount of talent to get a #1 overall without already having a high pick is insane, Winnipeg may have the prospect depth to do it, but it will be painful think along the lines of Ehlers, Trouba, Hellebuyck, Connor and Morriessy will all have to be available, with at a minimum just Ehlers and Trouba, or one of them and all the others.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Thats utterly ridicilous. 2 impending FAs for 1st? Hockey writing is horrible nowadays

Think Ehlers + Trouba. Not Buff + Ladd

Not that it makes things much better but he does say that Buff and Ladd would be re-signed and then traded.

There's no logic though. Like somebody said, a fanboy's dream and nothing more. Why on earth would Winnipeg, after finally building a competitive team, trade 2 of the biggest pieces and basically reset their progress just to add Matthews?

Finally if it was that easy to add a 1st overall pick ("2 good players and some picks, done!")...how come nobody did it for Tavares, Stamkos, Hall, MacKinnon, Yakupov, Ekblad, McDavid, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad