Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Sabres are already posting training camp content. It's not long now!

Sabres Preseason Schedule

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I know I’ll probably regret this, but I think I actually might be more excited for the Sabres season than the Bills…
The Sabres have way more proving to do to get at the Bills level. Plus, I've been waiting for a QB like Allen for MULTIPLE decades. I just can't get to the point where I'm more excited about the Sabres than Bills. I feel like the Bills floor is the Sabres ceiling.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Have they actually said when camp starts? The first pre-season game is 2 weeks from today (The 21st). Maybe Monday the 16th is the first day of camp?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The Sabres have way more proving to do to get at the Bills level. Plus, I've been waiting for a QB like Allen for MULTIPLE decades. I just can't get to the point where I'm more excited about the Sabres than Bills. I feel like the Bills floor is the Sabres ceiling.
For most of my life hockey has been my #1 sport to watch. I grew up playing organized hockey. Where as I never really played organized football (just neighborhood pickup games). So I always looked more forward to the NHL season than the NFL season. The Bills drought also took its toll, and I knew they needed a new owner to start winning again, as much as I loved Ralph. I always watched the Bills but they were second to the Sabres for me.

Then Pegula bought the team and I started following the Bills closer. Then when they hired McDermott I was all-in. He was the guy I was banging the table for.

Then with Allen developing into a super star and the Bills being legit Super Bowl contenders + the Sabres being so terrible, I started following the Bills closer than the Sabres. I had to check out on the Sabres for a bit. I’ve been slowly coming back the last couple years.

This year it’s probably closer to equal for me as far as excitement.

I don’t know what to expect from the Bills. Lots of turnover. I think there’s going to be growing pains early in the season. And IMO it’s hard to be legit Super Bowl contenders with $63 million in dead cap space for 2024… so I kind of expect a transition year (or two).

And with the Sabres hiring a legit good veteran NHL coach + adding some vets to the bottom 6 + what I expect to be real buy-in from the player, I am hopeful they can take a real step forward this season.

The other thing for me is that it’s much less stressful for me to watch Sabres games. There’s 82 of them. Each game doesn’t have the same meaning/impact as the 17 Bills games.

I’ve learned that being a fan of a legit contender with real Super Bowl hopes is stressful. Those playoff games can be torturous. lol I think the last couple chiefs games took some years off my life.lol

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20240908_101528_Instagram.jpg

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015

Love that they do this.
Also love trying to ID everyone.

From right: Levi, Power, Byram, ??, Mcleod
??, Malenstyn, Bryson, Rousek, ??
Krebs, Reimer, Tuch, Clague, Quinn, Cozens
Clifton, Ras, Tage, Benson

I’m thinking the tall guy between Byram and McLeod is probably Samuelsson?

No UPL, Peterka, Jokiharju, Greenway and Johnson.

The guy I think is Rousek I suppose could also be Lafferty, if he got hairy? And the blonde guy between McLeod and Malenstyn might be Jack Rathbone? The other guy is pretty big but doesn’t look like Gilbert. Josh Dunne maybe?

Missing Zucker, Aube-Kubel?

Last edited:

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Love that they do this.
Also love trying to ID everyone.

From right: Levi, Power, Byram, ??, Mcleod
??, Malenstyn, Bryson, Rousek, ??
Krebs, Reimer, Tuch, Clague, Quinn, Cozens
Clifton, Ras, Tage, Benson

I’m thinking the tall guy between Byram and McLeod is probably Samuelsson?

No UPL, Peterka, Jokiharju, Greenway and Johnson.

The guy I think is Rousek I suppose could also be Lafferty, if he got hairy? And the blonde guy between McLeod and Malenstyn might be Jack Rathbone? The other guy is pretty big but doesn’t look like Gilbert. Josh Dunne maybe?

Missing Zucker, Aube-Kubel?
Thinking Helenius between Mcleod and Malenstyn, and Lafferty between Rousek and Krebs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad