Post-Game Talk: NFL Week 2: Seattle 23 New England 20 F: OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
100% Rob.

I know the Pats had to make a decision, but that guy is a legit #1 as they come.
It’s only been 2 weeks. I’d argue Malik Nabers has had a better start to his career than any 2024 1st round pick.

Taking a WR with no plan at QB isn’t a strategy I’d subscribe to. Brisett to Harrison Jr? Brisett can’t throw deep.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It’s only been 2 weeks. I’d argue Malik Nabers has had a better start to his career than any 2024 1st round pick.

Taking a WR with no plan at QB isn’t a strategy I’d subscribe to. Brisett to Harrison Jr? Brisett can’t throw deep.
All the QBs would have been gone by R2 as well. Nabers has looked better than MHJ.

Drafting Maye and sitting him is the correct move. Bo Nix has been awful and thrown game killing picks, Williams is getting murdered even though he is pretty much ready, Daniels OK and Minnesota might not want to replace Darnold if he keeps it up.

We might have nothing with Polk and Baker but even so just as depth receivers they should be OK.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
You legitimately feel that wasn't DPI?
No, from what I saw the ball was not catchable, too high.
There were some non calls, that were puzzling to me, the helmet to helmet hit from a Houston player, it wasn't even mentioned. Then the punch thrown by a Houston player on the sidelines, then same player Head-butted a Bear player all in the same sequence, but no call, nothing!.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I believe....:checks notes:....literally everyone knew this.
Not everyone.

I would have taken him and went into the draft next year looking for a QB. They better hope Maye is the franchise, truly. I'd rather have a true #1 WR and build that way.

That's just me though. This team has more holes than those two positions. So it doesn't matter

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not everyone.

I would have taken him and went into the draft next year looking for a QB. They better hope Maye is the franchise, truly. I'd rather have a true #1 WR and build that way.

That's just me though. This team has more holes than those two positions. So it doesn't matter
I’m 50-50 on this.

But I do know this much… if the Patriots drafted Harrison at 3 and didn’t draft a top quarterback to throw to him this year, all we would hear all season long is: “who’s the next quarterback going to be?” For all the holes on this team, at least we’re not listening to that bullshit for a year or two.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Harrison looks legit, but without a plan at QB, there is no point in taking a WR like that.

This upcoming QB class is doodoo as well.

Show me a team that has won a SB recently with an elite WR and a mid QB, because I genuinely cannot think of one.....Tampa Bay in 2002 if you consider Keyshawn Johnson elite at the time?

The point is, drafting/acquiring the WR should be the final piece after a QB and OLine is in place in my eyes.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Lots of time ahead to know if the draft works out or not. Not a lot of sense in second guessing after 2 games and not seeing the future stud or bust QB anyhow.

Just as you can say take MJ at 3, why not trade back a few and get Alt and extras - that extra 2nd could have gotten them back into the first for Worthy and maybe more. Anyhow, all this speculation is like a creative writing course without a plot and ending. Just too early...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lots of time ahead to know if the draft works out or not. Not a lot of sense in second guessing after 2 games and not seeing the future stud or bust QB anyhow.

Just as you can say take MJ at 3, why not trade back a few and get Alt and extras - that extra 2nd could have gotten them back into the first for Worthy and maybe more. Anyhow, all this speculation is like a creative writing course without a plot and ending. Just too early...
Have to think big picture. How good are any of the 2025 QBs? Beck, barely led Georgia over Kentucky. Sanders, Ewers? Who else is good for this draft? Unless the staff trusts Maye behind the OL, they will keep JB in at QB. But, I do think Maye will play by Nov.

End of the day, they lost a close game vs SEA. Couldn't block for a FG attempt to force seattle to score a td. Stuffed on 3rd and shot in OT. Have to tip the cap to Z. Charbonnet on that great play that you can't teach. Put his hand down to maintain balance and did that flip to convert 3rd and 6 at midfield. Insane athletic ability.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The absolute greatest thing that possibly could have happened was drafting MHJ at 3 this year then drafting Arch Manning in 2026 and having them dominate the league for 15 years (and make Indianapolis seethe).

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The absolute greatest thing that possibly could have happened was drafting MHJ at 3 this year then drafting Arch Manning in 2026 and having them dominate the league for 15 years (and make Indianapolis seethe).
For those reasons, and those reasons alone, I was hoping that would happen.

I'd take Sanders. And I'd take Manning too.

That's if we didn't draft Maye.

Reactions: McGarnagle

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
For those reasons, and those reasons alone, I was hoping that would happen.

I'd take Sanders. And I'd take Manning too.

That's if we didn't draft Maye.
You still may have a chance at taking Manning in 2026 if Maye doesn't pan out...

That's one of the arguments for playing Maye now, rather than waiting......You wanna give him 2 years of game exposure to understand what you have.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not everyone.

You saying you would have taken him ahead of Maye is very different and something you can fairly brag about if Maye isn't a really good QB.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You saying you would have taken him ahead of Maye is very different and something you can fairly brag about if Maye isn't a really good QB.
I don't want to brag on Maye even if he doesn't pan out.

If I was GM, that's how I would of approached this season. MJH. Try to trade back in for OL help. I would of been comfortable this year with Brissett or another vet until next year to draft a QB Shadeur Sanders looks fantastic. Arch Manning at some point. I don't think we necessarily needed Maye or Daniels etc this year.

But that's what we have. Hopefully we can develop the kid, while also fixing the OL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad