HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't think that's the best case scenario no. I don't think he has the tools for the NHL yet. So if that happens I expect a similar fate to Victor Mete.

I think best case is he gets to round his game up enough where he can play an important role. That would be in the AHL.

? That makes no sense on many levels, first of which is that there is almost no chance he'd clear waivers to play in the AHL.

Next, "best case" being a repeat of last season makes no sense. Status quo for a 22 year old athlete is not "best" by any reasonable definition of the word.

It's as if you haven't actually watched Barron play since he's been here.

Anyways, we'll see what happens, but I don't think your assessments are very realistic at all.

Everyone seems to think Barron is going to suck and be the odd man out at camp, not even considering he could be a standout and have a great camp.

Unless he’s absolute hot garbage, I do t think he’s going anywhere. Too young and too much potential to lose for nothing.
This is so obvious, it's hard to get what some of these posters are basing their weird pessimism on.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Everyone seems to think Barron is going to suck and be the odd man out at camp, not even considering he could be a standout and have a great camp.

Unless he’s absolute hot garbage, I do t think he’s going anywhere. Too young and too much potential to lose for nothing.
We have one RHD in old Savard, so Barron and one of those RHD kids is going to be in the top 6 Dman, one would think.............
Hutson, Matheson, and The Sherriff on the LHD and Struble as the 7th man.
Forgot Guhlie................yikes

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So very odd the obsession with hoping the worst outcome for the Habs & Barron that you seem to have.

As the goalie situation showed last year, exposing an asset the Habs view as valuable is very unlikely from this management group. I'd put the odds at zero that Barron gets waived unless he regressed to ECHL caliber play over the summer.
I think they give Barron a lot of ice time this year. A right shot with his skills be given extra chance to make it. Get a long look for sure

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
That's fair for you.

Evans is likely gone unless the Habs want a 3 million dollar 4th line centre, which might be feasible sosool, but likely isnt a good investment at this point. Could also be he signs cheaper, but who knows.

Dvorak is certainly done, but between he and Monahan and likely the staff the teams faceoffs have improved. Before he goes if he can help Kirby get better that would be amazing.
Dvorak could teach Dach some tricks at face off, at worst lol they could hire Carbonneau, he was good at that, Kirk Muller too, a lot of teachers are available to learn face offs or focus on certain repeated moves.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm leaning towards keeping Hutson and Mailloux up to start the year, putting Guhle on the right side, and keeping Struble and Barron up as the 7th and 8th D

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Mailloux

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Would anyone give Clutterbuck or Kessel a PTO for a little more veteran presence?
Clutterbuck would be nice. Veteran, still useful, can pk and brings physicality and toughness.

Kessel would be a good option if the team was further along, but he also hasn't played in a year and he's late 30s, so it might not be the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad