Buffalo Bills–2014: 1-0 – WK2 vs Miami – Pegulas reach agreement to buy team

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Does the Bills PR staff try to mess with Jim Rome? Last year they gave him Kiko Alonso, who can't speak well. Today he has Leodis, who sounds like the redneck in the waterboy. Why don't they try to give the national people somebody a little more well spoken?

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Does the Bills PR staff try to mess with Jim Rome? Last year they gave him Kiko Alonso, who can't speak well. Today he has Leodis, who sounds like the redneck in the waterboy. Why don't they try to give the national people somebody a little more well spoken?

Aaron Williams, who is extremely well spoken, was on there before.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth

Leodis has always reminded me or Porky Pig when he talks...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Who was that guy that had that REAL bad stutter that went on Rome?? Lankster maybe??

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That's why, arguably, the best place to put the new stadium is downtown-right near First Niagara Center, Coca-Cola Field, HarborCenter and Canalside. A few weeks ago, Artvoice(the local weekly alternative paper)did a cover story on putting the new stadium in that area-and part of the plan was taking down the elevated section of the I-190(from Louisiana St. to near Church St.)and burying it(a la The Big Dig in Boston). If you want to take a look at the whole story, the August 7th issue has the full details.

That makes little sense financially. Not to mention we should try to get rid of the Skyway not a section of the 190.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

ya what's wrong with Kiko ? I heard him on a commercial the other day...He sounded like he has problems...Does he have a speech impediment ?

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
While it is a really cool plan, and I would love that type of aggressive urban planning, burying the highway does not seem feasible.

The Big Dig in Boston, while a 3.5 mile tunnel, started planning in 1982 and was supposed to cost 2.8 Billion Dollars. It was completed in 2007 and cost over 14 Billion. That is the most expensive highway project in US history and it did not go smoothly, to say the least. it will not be paid off for like 20 more years.

I cant image that federal and state investment in Buffalo, where the need is not absolute. (to service a football stadium and ancillary gains). Boston did it to ease traffic congestion and find more space above ground for construction and green space. It was more a of a necessity.

To be fair, despite the problems, it's been absolutely worth the hassle for Boston.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Anyone know where to get a decent quality Steve Tasker jersey without paying an arm and a leg for it? Proving difficult to even find them online.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Why not put the stadium where the old Bethlehem steel plant was?

Digging into a lot of that land would not be good environmentally. That's on of the reasons there is a company looking into putting solar panels on a large chunk of that land because they wouldn't have to go very deep and wouldn't cause issues. Pretty much the only part of that, that would work is where FedEx is looking to put a distribution center.

Plus you think traffic is bad in Orchard Park? Try having Route 5 as your only major access point.

comeonnow

Feb 23, 2007
arcade, ny
Why not put the stadium where the old Bethlehem steel plant was?

this

Environmentally it might be tough but routing shouldnt be the issue. Definitely better than downtown. The size of the location would mean no off site parking, still right on the water. To me this area begs for "renewal".

Girgensons28

Jul 23, 2014
Portage, Indiana
this

Environmentally it might be tough but routing shouldnt be the issue. Definitely better than downtown. The size of the location would mean no off site parking, still right on the water. To me this area begs for "renewal".

Yea the reason I suggested it was because I think putting the stadium right next to the water would be the best scenario. A game in December or January there would be hell for any visiting team. Haven't been to Buffalo in a few years, do they still have the grain elevators? Put the stadium in that land if Bethlehem steel wouldn't work.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
this

I don't disagree with that area needing something done with it but it has been stated both by the state and trusted environmental agencies that a large chunk of that site won't be able to be developed for a long time. The only area that is, isn't big enough for what a stadium would need. Even the proposed FedEx Shipping center is having to have a large chunk of studies done to make sure it'll work. And they are proposing to build on the "safe" part of the site.

And how do you feel routing of traffic wouldn't be an issue? With Route 5 being the only major road with access to there? Yeah you wouldn't have people parking at people's houses but that doesn't eliminate the hell that would be traffic in that area. Heck Route 5 can suck on game days now and that's only one of multiple routes out of the South Towns on game days.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I hate how whenever you start talking about a downtown/outer harbor stadium all some people will do is start bringing up the problems with it. Geeze, dare to dream people. Think solutions, not problems. Think innovation, not stagnation.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I hate how whenever you start talking about a downtown/outer harbor stadium all some people will do is start bringing up the problems with it. Geeze, dare to dream people. Think solutions, not problems. Think innovation, not stagnation.

Its called dealing with reality both financially and logistically.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
ya what's wrong with Kiko ? I heard him on a commercial the other day...He sounded like he has problems...Does he have a speech impediment ?

I've never heard him speak. My only frame of reference for him is Shredd and Reagan making fun of him with mock interviews. :laugh:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

There's logistical problems whenever you take on a half billion dollar project. But when you're investing that much money, you can find ways to make it work. If PEgula's willing to spend the dough (and yes that's a big if) he'll get a stadium wherever he damn well wants it

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008

Person A: "Wouldn't it be cool to have a downtown, water-front stadium?"

Person B: "There are many problems, both financial and logistical, with building a water-front stadium in Buffalo. For starters..."

*Person A back away slowly and strikes up a new conversation with someone who isn't insufferable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad