Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Do you like this move if you're Savoie?

You get out of Buffalo and might get to sniff some playoff-minutes with McDrai, of course.
But personally? If he is added to the roster next season, even just for some games, he'll likely be in a bottom 6 role and won't get any minutes, especially not in the o-zone.

Or he gets rushed into a new team and feels the pressure right away because he's on the big stage from the get-go.

For personal development, staying in a rather quiet environment in Buffalo for more time might had been better for him.

However, if the Oilers don't plan on adding him to the roster in foreseeable future (the next 1-2 years), it doesn't really make any difference. But would the Oilers have traded a rather young and solid bottom 6 player if this was the case? Doesn't it imply that they'd try to implement him rather quickly? F.e. if Skinner and other depth pieces are gone next summer?
He’s got years on an ELC and I would expect him to contribute on that contract. Doesn’t really matter when. He could be on the team by mid season next year if he plays good enough. If not I think he’ll have a really good shot in camp in 2025.

Reactions: Oilhawks

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009

You get out of Buffalo and might get to sniff some playoff-minutes with McDrai, of course.
But personally? If he is added to the roster next season, even just for some games, he'll likely be in a bottom 6 role and won't get any minutes, especially not in the o-zone.

Or he gets rushed into a new team and feels the pressure right away because he's on the big stage from the get-go.

For personal development, staying in a rather quiet environment in Buffalo for more time might had been better for him.

However, if the Oilers don't plan on adding him to the roster in foreseeable future (the next 1-2 years), it doesn't really make any difference. But would the Oilers have traded a rather young and solid bottom 6 player if this was the case? Doesn't it imply that they'd try to implement him rather quickly? F.e. if Skinner and other depth pieces are gone next summer?
He's from Edmonton so I'm guessing he's pumped. I'd imagine it would be special to play close to your family and friends.

He won't have pressure, he was literally acquired for McLeod aka he was acquired for house money. Bigger picture, once he has some more development, he'll line up next to the best offensive players in the league

As a Sabres fan I'm absolutely sick to my stomach right now.
This isn't a franchise destroying trade for the Sabres and I think they do improve in the short term for sure. McLeod could top out as a ~45 point guy who plays a primary role on the PK if things go well. The Sabres have a lot of young talent to take a big step forward

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
well...now we know that kevyn adams is not afraid to lose a trade. darcy would never.

buffalo has acquired a bunch of extremely fast players this week. let's see if Lindy can turn that into something that results in winning hockey games.

Reactions: Chainshot

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
So what I want to know is, why do this trade anyway? Is there any underlying reason why Buffalo would agree to this?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Savoie instantly becomes the Oilers top prospect. If I'm Knob I try to ice and roll 3 scoring lines.

Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Kane - RNH - Savoie
Janmark - Henrique - Brown

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I was wrong with that post. That was over 2 years ago. My opinion has changed. Everyone is wrong at one point or another.

I love the facct you spent time digging to find that, it’s cute.

Digging? It took two seconds. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's kept steady since he was drafted and you're being a goof talking about "undersized this, undersized that."

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Does a young prospect like being traded from a non playoff team to a cup contender which happens to be his hometown?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Going from Foegele to Arvidsson is a huge upgrade. Arvidsson could put up 75pts if he plays on Leon's wing all season.
McLeod to Savoie is another huge upgrade.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Is this your first time using the internet? Do you think I looked through 2 years of posts? What are you, 6 or 85?
Don’t know why you’re so hung up over this, you dug through my posts to find one you can say “GOTCHA” with, you found one and I admitted I was wrong.

What more do you want? Lol.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Some idiot is talking about McLeod being better then past his prime Henrique. Past his prime had 24 goals last year as a 33 year old NHL veteran pro. McLeod had a career high 30 pts. One was involved in critical moments in the playoffs the other was getting scratched in the playoffs.

I know which one I’d rather on my team.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad