Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] D Rasmus Dahlin signs extension with the Sabres (8 years, $11M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Right, so if he regresses back to that, he is overpaid by 2 million-ish? That’s really nothing notable or even worth discussing if that’s the worst contract a team has.

Productive players that are scoring 30 goals and overpaid a bit aren’t contacts that disrupt a cap structure of a team.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Anothwr addition of front-loaded cap stucture on nhl and one more team to show in the future that this will not lead the team to success.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They both can be overpays at the time and then maybe improve to live to the deal

Yeah, except the problem here is Dahlin can live up to the deal and be making $11M in the '31 - '32 season, whereas if Matthews lives up to his deal he'll likely be asking for $15M+ from '28 - '29 to '31-'32...

MavisGoldberg

Oct 8, 2023
Uuuh..."i get there is a cap, BUT...."

Why anyone actuall ever would even care in forums, how much someone earns, if there was no cap?

Cap is the all that makes it matter. But ok, in ypu nhl team, best players would earn 20M and....tjey would have one line roster. Maybe a goaltender in addition.
Cap is tied to revenues.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Non top 5D in the league should not be making 11M

Makar, Fox, McAvoy, all are a lot under 11M and are better then him, but they signed under lower cap.

Dahlin ceiling is lower than Malar and Fox but probably better than McAvoy

He still needs to improve to be worth 11M
In terms of production, (P/PG) he was literally the very 5th best.

Good luck with 40 goal Matthews for 13.5

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Assuming he continues with his upward trajectory both offensively and defensively...what team do you think he gets traded to in a few years and then goes on to win the Cup immediately?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man that Sanderson 8M for 8 year contract looks even better now seeing that Buffalo had to overpay big time on Dahlin 😂 I'm sorry but in what reality is Rasmus Dahlin worth $11 million???
Well Sanderson isn't even better than Powers so not sure why your comparing him to Dahlin

The Sens overpaid Sanderson 1-2M similar to Dahlin at full term.

Both are deals players can grow into with continued development

Difference is Dahlin is a tier higher than Sanderson so his deal being higher pre-potential is correctly going to be higher

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
A Steal ?!
None of these 10.5-11.5 mil. Type deals are a steal !
He's good, not 11 mil good.

Anybody locking up an elite player to a max term deal at or just above current market value is getting a steal right now.

Man that Sanderson 8M for 8 year contract looks even better now seeing that Buffalo had to overpay big time on Dahlin 😂 I'm sorry but in what reality is Rasmus Dahlin worth $11 million???
Sanderson has done f*** all to prove he's on the same tier as Dahlin lol.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Cap is tied to revenues.
Can you explain, how does this refer to my comment? There was comparison of salaries from pre-cap era and then comment and "yeah, there is cap now, BUT....."

Like cap would just make a tiny detail here..

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not for the first couple years of the contract but for the final six years, as the cap goes up, then it’s a good deal.

MavisGoldberg

Oct 8, 2023
Can you explain, how does this refer to my comment? There was comparison of salaries from pre-cap era and then comment and "yeah, there is cap now, BUT....."

Like cap would just make a tiny detail here..
The stars should not be making almost as much as they did when revenues were 1/8th what they are today.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Screenshot-2023-04-03-at-10.39.48-AM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad