Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Lysell had more points last season than Boucher has had combined since being drafted. Boucher is a giant bust while Lysell is a good prospect.
Lysell is at the same level of bust status. Bet ya Boucher plays more NHL games than Lysell.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
If you think that Lysell is the same level of bust status you probably should do us all a favor and stop commenting on hockey.
Nahhhh, I'm just not in love with selfish speed and flash players. A team desperate for scoring has never given a supposed scoring winger "top prospect" a look at NHL level in two years, do wonder why?

Power forwards take longer to develop, as I said I bet you Boucher plays more NHL games than Lysell, even if it is as a fourth line banger.

I don't want independent contractors on the Bruins with zero trade value to other teams.

Reactions: Gordoff

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Nahhhh, I'm just not in love with selfish speed and flash players. A team desperate for scoring has never given a supposed scoring winger "top prospect" a look at NHL level in two years, do wonder why?

Power forwards take longer to develop, as I said I bet you Boucher plays more NHL games than Lysell, even if it is as a fourth line banger.
You should be the Bruins gm, trading potential high end skill for bottom six jam is the main job requirement. Maybe Lysell busts, but I prefer his boom or bust potential to low ceiling high floor players like Boucher. Bruins need to make more picks like Lysell if they want to avoid overpaying for top six talent via fa.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You should be the Bruins gm, trading potential high end skill for bottom six jam is the main job requirement. Maybe Lysell busts, but I prefer his boom or bust potential to low ceiling high floor players like Boucher. Bruins need to make more picks like Lysell if they want to avoid overpaying for top six talent via fa.
But if they all bust like Spooner, Koko, Senyshyn, etc you are in the same spot and have wasted picks that may have developed into bottom six, cost controlled forwards so you have money to spend on high end free agents.

Two years in I was already getting tired of Lysells attitude, which was a concern when he was drafted. His coach and now the guy who covers the PBruins everyday burying him is not filling me with confidence. If other teams scouts have as low an opinion as Divver states it is time to move on to me. Just having him as an add on in a trade at the deadline seems counter productive for all concerned.

Boucher was somebody I suggested because Boston has very few physical prospects besides Kuntar and with his size and shot should make it as a 4th liner at worst..

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
But if they all bust like Spooner, Koko, Senyshyn, etc you are in the same spot and have wasted picks that may have developed into bottom six, cost controlled forwards so you have money to spend on high end free agents.

Two years in I was already getting tired of Lysells attitude, which was a concern when he was drafted. His coach and now the guy who covers the PBruins everyday burying him is not filling me with confidence. If other teams scouts have as low an opinion as Divver states it is time to move on to me. Just having him as an add on in a trade at the deadline seems counter productive for all concerned.

Boucher was somebody I suggested because Boston has very few physical prospects besides Kuntar and with his size and shot should make it as a 4th liner at worst..
Plenty of those bottom six cheap physical types are available for cheap via FA. The attitude issues with Lysell are overstated imo. Had a great second half of the season that showed us the player he could be, and he is developing as expected for the most part.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Lysell is at the same level of bust status. Bet ya Boucher plays more NHL games than Lysell.

I know you like a particular style (Voucher’s style) but this is outright false.

Boucher has a lot of buzz for being a very bad pick at that stage in the draft, and his numbers have been consistently bad as well.

I get he has snarl, but he can’t hold a candle to Lysell, and I’d take that bet.

He has made great strides this year and should make the Bs out of camp IMO.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Prospects #1 through #4 are small guys low on physicality. Lol the masses are gonna freak :laugh:

Very cool sheet btw, enjoying it.

It's interesting to note that the guys with high compete level are all the lower level prospects (like outside the top 8-9). The guys with the more natural gifts don't have as high compete. I guess the really great players are the ones with BOTH.

You wonder what a guy like Brunet with a 10 compete level and some coaching/development on his shot would turn into for example.

Jackson Edward intrigues me.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know you like a particular style (Voucher’s style) but this is outright false.

Boucher has a lot of buzz for being a very bad pick at that stage in the draft, and his numbers have been consistently bad as well.

I get he has snarl, but he can’t hold a candle to Lysell, and I’d take that bet.

He has made great strides this year and should make the Bs out of camp IMO.

It is highly unlikely Lysell has a chance to make the Bruins out of camp. That would mean there would need to be a top 6 (possibly top 9) wing position open for competition in camp. And if Sweeney brings this team to camp with an opening at wing on the top 6, then he should be fired.

Reactions: Kegs

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Prospects #1 through #4 are small guys low on physicality. Lol the masses are gonna freak :laugh:

Very cool sheet btw, enjoying it.

It's interesting to note that the guys with high compete level are all the lower level prospects (like outside the top 8-9). The guys with the more natural gifts don't have as high compete. I guess the really great players are the ones with BOTH.

You wonder what a guy like Brunet with a 10 compete level and some coaching/development on his shot would turn into for example.

Jackson Edward intrigues me.
a pick taken waaaaay before boston grabbed him

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It is highly unlikely Lysell has a chance to make the Bruins out of camp. That would mean there would need to be a top 6 (possibly top 9) wing position open for competition in camp. And if Sweeney brings this team to camp with an opening at wing on the top 6, then he should be fired.
Fired is dramatic. I’ve never seen Boston keep a player if they didn’t strongly feel like he was their best option to help them win.
Lysell probably doesn’t make it out of camp unless he absolutely blows everyone away. If he is the best player at camp he will probably still get sent to the AHL. Training camp doesn’t paint a whole picture anyways. Lysell is probably destined to play in Boston this season though. As long as he continues to grow he will most likely get a call up.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
a pick taken waaaaay before boston grabbed him

I get it. I'm asking what happens if you coach/develop his shot now, and he puts Brazeau style compete into it. Compete can be developed.

We sure saw Marchand's shot developed from when he came into the league. I like our development staff. Freddy's is coming along slowly but surely.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have no idea what’s going on with Lysell - my viewing of him he looked really good

If he’s a play-making winger he’s going to get space

Ryan Nadeau has been kinda crushing it based on what he’s been given

Lohrei
Poitras

And I’m very excited on Pelosi can’t wait to see him At Quinnipeac

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the Bruins get into the 1st round, it would be cool if they could draft Iginla, but I highly doubt he gets by the Flames. What other centers would be available in the mid to late 1st round?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad