Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
any idea who dyck's agent is?

Not sure. But if this is Dyck and his agent trying to strategically put him "in a better spot" then he is getting bad advice.

CHL goaltenders who re-enter the draft historically have not done well. Look at Ben Gaudreau who was a third round pick in 2021 and decided not to sign with San Jose as an example. And to that point in their careers, Gaudreau was a better goaltender.

I find it hard to believe that Dyck would have signed an ATO at the end of his season only to refuse to sign his ELC a month later. But who knows.

I think this comes down to what the Bruins player development staff think, especially Mike Dunham who went to see him in the WHL playoffs.

I'd love to see that list. 🙏🏼
Monday.

Plus a special live podcast next Friday to discuss it.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure. But if this is Dyck and his agent trying to strategically put him "in a better spot" then he is getting bad advice.

CHL goaltenders who re-enter the draft historically have not done well. Look at Ben Gaudreau who was a third round pick in 2021 and decided not to sign with San Jose as an example. And to that point in their careers, Gaudreau was a better goaltender.

I find it hard to believe that Dyck would have signed an ATO at the end of his season only to refuse to sign his ELC a month later. But who knows.

I think this comes down to what the Bruins player development staff think, especially Mike Dunham who went to see him in the WHL playoffs.
it's an interesting scenario for sure, and 100% agree - this won't end better for him in the draft.
and if for some reason they don't want to sign him, maybe they can snag a 7th rounder for him
from someone with extra picks.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
it's an interesting scenario for sure, and 100% agree - this won't end better for him in the draft.
and if for some reason they don't want to sign him, maybe they can snag a 7th rounder for him
from someone with extra picks.
As of 5:01 PM today, they can't trade him. He will no longer be their property. So, they'd better be working the phones now if that want to do that.

I asked two different scouts last night on their thoughts. One said "I can't believe they would let him walk." The other gave a simple "meh".

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I was just trying to make a very juvenile joke, sorry if it wasn't clear.

On a more serious note, I fully agree with you. This decision on Dyck is somewhat surprising.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was just trying to make a very juvenile joke, sorry if it wasn't clear.

On a more serious note, I fully agree with you. This decision on Dyck is somewhat surprising.

It is surprising to me , and we don't know if it was the Bruins decision or Dyck's. Until or unless we find out from someone on the inside we wont know which side decided to not sign

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Complete speculation on my part but I wonder if Boston decided to go with the Maine Mariners goalie Brad Arvanitis instead of Dyck

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Complete speculation on my part but I wonder if Boston decided to go with the Maine Mariners goalie Brad Arvanitis instead of Dyck

But arvantis isn't a developmental player, he'll be 27 this summer.

I have to think they have a play to bring in a developmental goalie from somewhere, whether a Euro FA, or an undrafted Canadian jr.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Maybe the kid thought their was to many goalies in front of him

I sure Mike D had a big say about him

I guess they like the goalies in their system plus still have Philip

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
But arvantis isn't a developmental player, he'll be 27 this summer.

I have to think they have a play to bring in a developmental goalie from somewhere, whether a Euro FA, or an undrafted Canadian jr.
Okay. Add William Rousseau from the QMJHL. We should all remember him.

Maybe they'll get the Willie's.

Reactions: DominicT

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Sure but how many outside the roster? I’m sure an amount is to fill the roster? What’s left?
I'm not sure what you mean.

They need 40 contract spots to fill the NHL and AHL roster out of 50 allowed.

They have 30 signed with 20 open contract spots.

They have plenty of contract space to have signed him. It wasn't the issue.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Where have you gone Kyle Wanvig? Our nation turns it’s lonely eyes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad