Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think it could come down to saving a few k on the salary cap.

Say Sweeney decides to hold his cards and wait for a team to desperately need defence. Then he will get a better return for gryz or forbort. So maybe they hold both and squeeze the cheaper players into the roster. Brown is cheaper than Beecher so they could temporarily go with him until they can get good value for their assets. Beecher might end up a bruin by seasons end.
I can't imagine any team that is trying to make the playoffs trading away veteran D before the season starts. The B's did it once before with Boychuk and it was a bad idea.

If they want to just go "rebuild" sure... but I don't think that's their likely philosophy right now.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can't imagine any team that is trying to make the playoffs trading away veteran D before the season starts. The B's did it once before with Boychuk and it was a bad idea.

If they want to just go "rebuild" sure... but I don't think that's their likely philosophy right now.

I'm not sure how a team that trying to make the playoffs achieves this by sending better players to the minors than they are playing at the NHL level?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm not sure how a team that trying to make the playoffs achieves this by sending better players to the minors than they are playing at the NHL level?
Because they don't believe those players are better right now, or at least not enough better that they want to make themselves potentially thinner in the organization, so that when inevitable injuries happen that their season would be sunk.

Having Brown over Beecher or Gryz over Lohrei right now might seem like a downgrade to you. I'm not sure it is, but it's better to have all 4 guys in the system and not to only have 2 of them. The way they are doing it doesn't stop them from giving the kids a chance at some point this year. It's almost like they've done it this way (and most other teams as well) for years.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Because they don't believe those players are better right now, or at least not enough better that they want to make themselves potentially thinner in the organization, so that when inevitable injuries happen that their season would be sunk.

Having Brown over Beecher or Gryz over Lohrei right now might seem like a downgrade to you. I'm not sure it is, but it's better to have all 4 guys in the system and not to only have 2 of them. The way they are doing it doesn't stop them from giving the kids a chance at some point this year. It's almost like they've done it this way (and most other teams as well) for years.
That’s fine, but waiving Brown and Forbort doesn’t result in them losing those players either.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That’s fine, but waiving Brown and Forbort doesn’t result in them losing those player.
Probably not, but I'm sure it was one of the considerations they entered into their equation.

If you think Sweeney has messed up the roster then I guess I won't argue with you, but this seems pretty in line with what most teams do.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Probably not, but I'm sure it was one of the considerations they entered into their equation.

If you think Sweeney has messed up the roster then I guess I won't argue with you, but this seems pretty in line with what most teams do.
It’s the organizational philosophy of going with the floor instead of reaching for the ceiling. It’s one thing when it’s Nosek - he put his time in and was a useful player. But tamping down a first round pick who did everything they asked and won a job outright? That’s shortsighted if it indeed happens.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It’s the organizational philosophy of going with the floor instead of reaching for the ceiling. It’s one thing when it’s Nosek - he put his time in and was a useful player. But tamping down a first round pick who did everything they asked and won a job outright? That’s shortsighted if it indeed happens.
I'd say it's the opposite of shortsighted. Shortsighted would be to put Beecher on the 4th line now and play him 10 minutes with Lucic. Longsighted would be to try and develop him by playing him in all situations in Providence.

Reactions: lopey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'd say it's the opposite of shortsighted. Shortsighted would be to put Beecher on the 4th line now and play him 10 minutes with Lucic. Longsighted would be to try and develop him by playing him in all situations in Providence.
I don’t get that. With that philosophy, how long should he play in Providence? Two more years? Three more? Players develop while playing in the NHL all the time and most of the league is better about driving that than the Bruins are.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Even if there is regular season Grzelcyk and playoff Grzelcyk

The Bruins should be concerned on making the playoffs- they aren’t exactly a lock

Regular season Grzelcyk was #1 defenseman on 5x5 fewest goals allowed per 60 for a defenseman

He was a +46

He’s also team leader

Let’s get there and then have the discussion

Also anyone here think Clifton better than Grzelcyk

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t get that. With that philosophy, how long should he play in Providence? Two more years? Three more? Players develop while playing in the NHL all the time and most of the league is better about driving that than the Bruins are.

He’s also still young and while developing at the NHL level, could DEVELOP into being more than a 10-minute a night 4th liner. They have a lot of versatility in the bottom 6. It’s not to say he can’t play his way up.

He earned a spot on the NHL roster and especially over Patrick Brown. I’d like to see prospects rewarded for hard work.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Zboril just got waived.
Looks like debrusk is last man standing from 2015 debacle. Can’t imagine he won’t be snapped up, he’s not without potential as a bottom pair guy

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Andre Gasseau with the shorthanded goal for the first BC goal of the season. He basically went the length of the ice and beat the goalie shortside, right after a Quinnipiac thought they had scored but didn't.

Gasseau stole the pass in front of the net on defense, and took the length of the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad