Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I care, I`m greedy and I want money!!!!! As you stated, if he would say it`s just his opinion as a guy who hasn`t really seen this prospect/player play and go on from there but he`s speaking like he`s been riding the Greyhounds across Ontario with Dom (well, Dom takes limos) and is consistently in the ear of Studnicka

Limo? No, I don't think so. I take my private jet.

Last year I was making the drive when Bob McKenzie tweeted that I should use a huvercraft. I asked him for the TSN Helicopter but he said he had already loaned it to Mark Edwards of hockeyprospect.com.

I put it on twitter last June, but you might have missed it.......

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
A little surprising. The nominees for the OHL Outstanding Player of the Year Award were announced (each team nominates a player) and Keyser gets the nod over Studnicka for Oshawa:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
A little surprising. The nominees for the OHL Outstanding Player of the Year Award were announced (each team nominates a player) and Keyser gets the nod over Studnicka for Oshawa:

Shouldn't be surprising Joe. I said it a few times here that Keyser is their MVP. He's also a finalist for top goaltender.

I get a vote for MVP but not the rest of the awards.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Shouldn't be surprising Joe. I said it a few times here that Keyser is their MVP. He's also a finalist for top goaltender.

I get a vote for MVP but not the rest of the awards.

I was a little surprised because Studnicka is the Captain and had a pretty good year statistically. Also, I was reading that Keyser could be trade bait, so MVP of the team didn’t come to mind.

So, who are you voting for?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Limo? No, I don't think so. I take my private jet.

Last year I was making the drive when Bob McKenzie tweeted that I should use a huvercraft. I asked him for the TSN Helicopter but he said he had already loaned it to Mark Edwards of hockeyprospect.com.

I put it on twitter last June, but you might have missed it.......

oh sweet ride, if you have room for 1 more and are circulating invites, I accept. TSN has a helicopter? I envision the TSN logo on one side and the Leafs logo on the other

Reactions: Thrive

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
good tilt, I don`t know or haven`t seen any of Gabrielle`s games either in Junior or the few in Providence so not sure how or if his game will translate when he becomes a pro full time
So, is it the opinion that he wasn't ready for the A?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Sure, but they also view Vaak as their 3rd best young player just behind McAvoy and Pasta. I think he is going to be much much closer to the McAvoy/Pasta plan than the Zboril/Senyshyn plan.
Is this more than an opinion? I ask with sincerity and without malice.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
And again, to be fair I ask highest ceilings pertaining to what?

If you ask me, Studnicka will be the better all around player, but he won't come close to putting up Donato's numbers.

JFK will be the better all around player, but I don't think he'll be near the forechecking, puck possession and offensive player that Frederick will become.

Down a goal late trying to tie the game: Donato and Frederick. Up a goal trying to protect a lead late, JFK or Studnicka.

Donato and Frederick would get you back more in a trade, but Studnicka and JFK are the type of players coaches love.

All four possess different attributes that makes one better then the others at one certain thing. Hard to say which has "the highest ceiling" without talking specifics

But for the hell of it then - Donato
This is gold to me. Thank You.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So, is it the opinion that he wasn't ready for the A?

I don’t believe the Bruins ever commented when they sent him down (maybe Leach did and I missed it)?

It would seem that if they thought he was “ready” to contribute to PRO, they wouldn’t have sent him down, but who knows what the exact reasons were?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don’t believe the Bruins ever commented when they sent him down (maybe Leach did and I missed it)?

It would seem that if they thought he was “ready” to contribute to PRO, they wouldn’t have sent him down, but who knows what the exact reasons were?

I’m pretty sure Leach commented a week or so before he got sent down. You could probably search for the exact comment in the PBruins thread but if I recall it was the standard “young kid trying to find his place maybe a little unlucky needs to work on the little things” line about a struggling youngster. He really just wasn’t good enough when he saw the ice to crack the lineup, in my view.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m pretty sure Leach commented a week or so before he got sent down. You could probably search for the exact comment in the PBruins thread but if I recall it was the standard “young kid trying to find his place maybe a little unlucky needs to work on the little things” line about a struggling youngster. He really just wasn’t good enough when he saw the ice to crack the lineup, in my view.

Thank you, missed it, but I’m sure you are right. I thought he looked pretty good at Development Camp, and was expecting a good rookie AHL season.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I found it strange Boston waited so long to sign him,he's always had good stats,as GD says he's looked good at Prospect camps in the past,I guess we'll see how next year goes

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I was a little surprised because Studnicka is the Captain and had a pretty good year statistically. Also, I was reading that Keyser could be trade bait, so MVP of the team didn’t come to mind.

So, who are you voting for?

FWIW, Keyser is definitely not trade bait. He'll be relied upon to lead a very good Gens team next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad